Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

One important sign of being psychological maturity is to be a responsible

misslittle6 1 / -  
Can anyone help me?? Thanks a lot!!
The full title is :Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The best way for parents to teach their children about responsibility is to have them care for an animal.

Generally speaking, one important sign of being psychological maturity is to be a responsible, which means we can undertake the pressure and are trustworthy. Parents always want their children to grow up knowing the meaning of responsibilities. Some people claim that the most effective ways to teach children responsibility are to let them take care of their own pet, however, I think this is an overstatement. Actually, consider the experience that we raised ducks or chickens when we were little kids, it is not an effective way at all, not to mention the best one.

Learning responsibility is a long and challenging way. It is less likely to happen without parents' proper guide. Children will treat their pets more like toys instead of living creatures, because they cannot take care of themselves well and understand what the pets mean to them which parents often fail to take into account. Just like I mentioned earlier, I had raised little ducks or chicken during consecutive years when I was in primary school. I bought them happily but I hardly knew anything about how to treat them. Although my mother already told me to keep them alone, I still want to see whether the poor ducks could swim. So I put them in the water, they seemed very cold but I did not know how to help. Few days later, they all died. Then I also had a brown rabbit once, but it smelled so disgusting, and I refused to look after it. So my mother had no choice but to do the cleaning. From these unpleasant experiences, what I have learned has little concern with responsibility but not to hurt these little animals and not to raise them until I have the ability.

Compare with having children raise an animal, the followings may be better choices for parents to let their children learn the meaning of responsibilities.
Definitely, it requires parents to participate. Like father, like son. Effects come obviously if parents can set good examples for children and be reliable persons. For example, when the huge earthquake hit China's Sichuan province in 2008, many parents took their children to the red cross together. It's really clever and meaningful approach because their children would know that they should offer help to people who need them. When their grandparents get sick, their parents will take care of them. From this, children can also learn to care for their families. Step by step, they will learn not only about responsibility but also love.

Also, children will benefit a lot through playing with their peers. Because if they don't undertake their responsibility they will be blamed by his companies. When boys play computer games, they frequently have to build a team. If a boy only cares about himself and doesn't cooperate with or doesn't provide support for his teammates, next time, there will be no team welcoming his joining. So through this embarrassment or sad feeling, kids will learn how to be part of a team and which is also a key aspect of responsibility.

Home / Undergraduate / One important sign of being psychological maturity is to be a responsible