perspecitve and art - NYU

paw1168 3 / 7  
Why NYU?

College is about finding a new perspective, something outside of what I have seen already. NYU has the resources that will help me find a new point of view. The study abroad programs will show me how those in Europe see the world. The opportunities of internships will help me see the real world in action. Perspective is not something that is found but something that must be acquired. NYU with its extensive resources will see to the fact that I'm prepared to face the world as a cultured and open minded person.

What intrigues you? Tell us about one work of art, scientific achievement, piece of literature, method of communication, or place in the world (a film, book, performance, website, event, location, etc.), and explain its significance to you.(1500)

Art is a form of expression. Each person has a different definition for it, whether it's photography or poetry, the undeniable connection is its ability to help us express ourselves. I have not made much art that has meaning but I realized that for piece of work to be considered art, it must have meaning behind it. Every time I go to a museum, I stand in front of a piece and ask myself how is this art, what's the meaning behind it. Art is a way to express ourselves without worrying bout what others think. It is sending a secret message to the few who understand.
tcohen 1 / 24  
The first answer is well written but not specific to NYU at all. Find a program that appeals to you or something else that is only at NYU.

The second answer is also quite general. Also, it is anywhere near 1500 characters? I would make both of your answers WAY more specific.

Good luck!
OP paw1168 3 / 7  
Revised:Why NYU?
I combined a few of the essay I wrote so it might be choppy.

The reason I am applying to NYU is because I want a school that is different. In my head, I see college as becoming an adult but the vision that most schools have is to put teenagers in a closed campus and make them learn. Isn't that just like boarding school with more freedom? I want a school where I will be able to grow not only as a student but also a citizen of the world. In a globalized world, sleeping means missing out on what happens half of a world away. But New York City never sleeps meaning it will never be behind. The study abroad programs will show me how those half a world away see the world. The opportunities of internships will help me see the real world in action. The fact that there are no boundaries between the school and the city would let me find how I fit into the larger picture. Perspective is not something that is found but something that must be acquired. NYU with its extensive resources will see to the fact that I'm prepared to face the world as a cultured and open minded person.

Home / Undergraduate / perspecitve and art - NYU