Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Public speaking, INTEREST in Le High - Supplement Essay

painglintun 5 / 15 2  
1. What unique aspect of Lehigh most interests you? (As a guideline, your response should be between 150-250 words.)
Lehigh is a place where undergraduates are offered several opportunities both in research and in education. The different research opportunities that exists in Lehigh, would allow me to implement my ideas on green energy, and strengthen my theoretical knowledge through research. Furthermore, Lehigh faculty teachers are famous in their field for research and teaching, and I would like to study in this environment where I would be able to learn and communicate with teachers. I have also been interested in the course curriculum on 'Enginerring5', this course isn't provided by most university, and if granted an opportunity, I would use this course to explore a particular disciplinary of engineering I would like to pursue. Le high classes are small, and this unique feature would allow me to focus on my studies, and have close communications with the professors. Not only this, le high's emphasis on liberal arts for all major, would allow me enhance my overall education. Most famous people I strive up to such as Howard McClitic, are people who helped contribute to the creation of the golden bridge. Most importantly, they are graduates from Lehigh and I would like to nurture in this environment place where I can learn and get aspirations from different talented people in the community. Additionally, this would give me an opportunity to learn the infrastructures of a building in Lehigh, and work with professors to learn about the different structures. Just like Howard McClintic and Charles Marshall construction company contributed in the development of the golden gate bridge, I would be obligated if given a chance in Lehigh, to produce machines that would shape and create a better future for our generations and generations to come.

2. If you founded your own college or university, what topic of study would you make mandatory for all students to study and why? What would be the values and priorities of your institution and why?

My Asian Studies teacher would furiously scratch his head, every time he asks a question, everyone went silent, with blank faces, fearing he/she would be picked. I grew out of this experience and if I was granted an opportunity to design my own course, I would choose public speaking as a mandatory course. This course is important in expressing a person's idea, emotion or a general disagreement they want to make.

Furthermore, in life, public speaking is the key to enjoying success. Generally, those who are able to speak out for what they think or believe, usually influences and gets people attention. In both what i see in my high school life, and in the outside society, people lack the courage to speak. This prevents a person from elaborating their ideas, and overtime, a lost in a place in society and even in courage.

The main priorities of my university are dedicated for students to take a course in public speaking, so that student would be graduating with not only their talent and skill but also with the ability to convince and speak their ideas to public. Students would also be given a chance to sharpen their critical thinking skills, and increase their knowledge. In this modernized world we live in, people are either faced with conflict, meetings, occasions and all of these require the use of public speaking skills. My students will be prepare for further challenges to come.

Please edit for me, I will help anyone out as much as i can. (Especially grammar and usage)Thanks in advance!!

Home / Undergraduate / Public speaking, INTEREST in Le High - Supplement Essay