'We Are Rumor Crashers' - Common Application--Belong to Difference community

darkeyedduke 2 / 5  
Everyone belongs to many different communities and/or groups defined by (among other things) shared geography, religion, ethnicity, income, cuisine, interest, race, ideology, or intellectual heritage. Choose one of the communities to which you belong, and describe that community and your place within it. (Approximately 250 words)

We Are Rumor Crashers
Science is like a nut, with the solid nutshell and the luxuriant core inside. However, its hard shell sometimes keeps many people away from thoroughly understand it. Thus, sometimes the rumors are disguised as science and affect humans' daily life quite negatively. Therefore, a group of Chinese science fans decided to be the rumor crashers, which swears to peel off the nutshell of science and show the splendid truth to everyone. Rumor Crashers meet on their website which is called Nutshell; whenever a rumor impacting the internet, the rumor crashers begin their research immediately and provide the reality as soon as possible. Fortunately, I have become one of them for almost a year, and I really enjoy the scientific atmosphere there.

At first, I was just read the articles quietly. There are some deep-rooted rumors floating like a phantom in the streets. For example, many Chinese are kind of bothered by the concepts that the radioactive degree will increased by a thousand times when the battery is almost gone. But the Nutshell's member didn't think so; they operated various experiments and this rumor was finally proved to be false. I witnessed a rumor being falsified, and I had an impression that I was educated in a brand new way. I never feel so deeply that we do not necessarily to believe everything until it is proved to be false. Everyone can explore the truth on his or her own. By far, I have crash several rumors about foreign by myself. I was so rewarded when I see others' comments on my articles like "Welcome to become a rumor crasher and go for truth." I am so glad to be one of them.

Did I understand the term "community" in right way?
Thank you!
Rechy 11 / 73  
Yes, it answers the prompt.
I've made some few corrections below.

We Are The Rumor Crashers(Is this the name of the group?)
Science is like a nut, with the solid nutshell and the luxuriant core inside. However, its hard shell sometimes keeps many people away from understanding it thoroughly. Thus, sometimes rumors are disguised as science and affect humans' daily life quite negatively. Therefore, a group of Chinese science fans decided to be the rumor crashers, which swears to peel off the nutshell of science and show the splendid truth to everyone. Rumor Crashers meet on their website which is called Nutshell. Whenever a rumor is impacting the internet, the rumor crashers begin their research immediately and provide the reality as soon as possible. Fortunately, I have been one of them for almost a year, and I really enjoy the scientific atmosphere there.

At first, I was just read the articles quietly.-----> This is confusing.

There are some deep-rooted rumors floating like a phantom in the streets. For example, many Chinese are kind of bothered by the concepts that the radioactive degree will be increased by a thousand times when the battery is almost gone. But the Nutshell's member didn't think so; they operated various experiments and this rumor was finally proved to be false. I witnessed a rumor being falsified, and I had an impression that I was educated in a brand new way. I never feel so deeply that we do not necessarily to believe everything until it is proved to be false. Everyone can explore the truth on his or her own. By far, I have crashed several rumors myself. I feel so rewarded when I see others' comments on my articles like "Welcome, on becoming a rumor crasher and go for truth." I am so glad to be one of them.
OP darkeyedduke 2 / 5  
Thank you very much!
p.s The rumor casher is more or less like a Chinese version myth busters, but it's more concern about social science in Chinese society.

Thanks a lot XD

Home / Undergraduate / 'We Are Rumor Crashers' - Common Application--Belong to Difference community