SCREAM-An artwork that has unsettled me/ UVA

Angela336 2 / 4  
Any help is appreciated! And please tell me if you like this.

A twisted figure seems to be escaping from the painting, ready to disappear into the railings that would never end. He is screaming on the bridge with both hands covering his ears, drowning with hopelessness and fear.

This is The Scream by Edvard Munch. When I saw this for the first time, I was not only unsettled by the ineffable agony that pours out of the rich pastel, but also enthralled by the art of impressionism that challenged my imagination.

For me, I've never seen such an artwork that makes me shiver every time I look at the blood red sky. The painting unsettles me in a way that makes me wonder about my own weaknesses and how I would portray them from an artist's perspective. Looking into the dark blue river, I'm unsettled because of the emotional connection that I have toward the painting, as if a needle has penetrated the softest spot of my heart. Captivated by this feeling, I begin to dig through the life of Edvard Munch and the unspoken secret that hides behind his most famous painting.

Never have I thought that there would be an artist who expresses his sorrows so precisely that makes me shudder while reading about his biography. His use of impressionism to indicate his melancholy makes me wonder about my own creativity, and how I would express my sorrow with my own pastel. Instantly, I pick up the paint brush to fill the papers with feelings that are only meant to be kept silent.
VVCepheiA 11 / 30 3  
I like that painting too.:)

Generally a good one but I think you have something to improve.

'The painting unsettles me in a way that makes me wonder about my own weaknesses and how I would portray them from an artist's perspective.'

'His use of impressionism to indicate his melancholy makes me wonder about my own creativity, and how I would express my sorrow with my own pastel.'

I don't think the repetition is necessary .

Plus, try to write more about YOU but the painting because you are the one UVA wants to know;)
OP Angela336 2 / 4  
Thanks for your help I will take that into consideration :) Also, are there any major grammatical mistake that I need to change?
OP Angela336 2 / 4  
Anybody else feel free to critique!! :)

Home / Undergraduate / SCREAM-An artwork that has unsettled me/ UVA