Home / Undergraduate   % width   Posts: 2

UC transfer personal statement -- Art major

mimi410 1 / -  
I am applying as a transfer student, to UCLA major of Design and Media Arts, US Santa Barbara major of Book Arts.
I'm fine with your only reading and giving suggestion for one prompt.
I want to get as much comment as I can.
Any trivial opinions, comments, and proof readings are welcomed!

Prompt #2
I have a broad point of view with my critical thinking and I can see things in many different situations. I am an immigrant from China to Japan, the countries which are seeing each other as a rival or an enemy. There are many historical problems discussed among both countries, and I can understand both sides' opinions with the understanding of the cultural, historical and ethnical issues. My identity made me think about both sides' situation, and this allowed me to have broad eyes when I view things. Whenever I have to judge on something, I can deeply think about both good points and bad points. Not only seeing the surface but also seeing the depth. For example, when I encountered someone who is doing something odd, I will not judge him or her as a strange person. I will think how he or she ended up doing that thing, and try to understand him or her. At the same time, I also can understand why people think that person is odd, and know what the problems with him are. Also, broad point of view result the ability to get various idea. I usually have many ideas as my options for my project in my class, and when one seems not working, I can quickly move to plan B. I rarely suffered form the situation that there is no idea in my head.

I believe I am a persistent person who can carry things out. When I was in a high school, I joined comic and illustration club. We had to draw several pages of comic for our periodical comic magazine, and I was the only one who could complete one whole story during six years: I had been writing my story for four year. Sometimes, I go back to my old works which was unfinished and start continuing again, and at this second time, I will never give up and finish it. Also, there was a project among my friends who wanted to be a comic writer participated, that write forty pages of comic and brought it to publishers. I was the only one who actually carried through the work and went to publishers. I was proud that I completed my works, and I realized the importance of not giving up my work. I believe this ability is very important for an artist, who has to concentrate on one work for long time.

EF_Kevin 8 / 13246  
I want to get as much comment as I can.

A good strategy is to help a lot of other people by giving your ideas about their essays, and then ask them to look at yours.

...and this enabled me to view things from an objective point of view. have broad eyes when I view things.

For example, when I encounter someone who is doing something odd, I will not judge him or her as a strange person. I will think about how he or she ended up doing that thing an d try to understand him or her.

I believe t This ability is very important for an artist, who has...

I think you accidentally posted prompt 1 twice instead of posting both! :-) Please help some other people with their essays, and then start a new thread if you want us to comment on your other prompt. Thanks!! :-)

Home / Undergraduate / UC transfer personal statement -- Art major
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: