University of Texas Plan II essay

yang 2 / 313  
Admissions essay prompts are designed to allow applicants to tell an admissions committee about themselves and to show how and why the applicant is a good fit for the school or program. First, we would like you to write a prompt, designed specifically for Plan II applicants, that accomplishes these tasks.

Then explain how this prompt would help Plan II identify individuals who understand the meaning of a Renaissance education for the 21st century. Also, explain how someone like yourself might employ such an education.

We are interested in seeing your creativity, your analytical ability, and what you might bring to Plan II.

Please limit your response to 250 words.

Am I supposed to write a prompt that not only finds out the personality of the applicant, but also has to do with the Renaissance education, which I take as the evolution of teaching as a result of technology?

And then answer it all in 250 words?

I haven't started the essay yet, but it would be immensely helpful if anyone could give me a hint on the prompt.
sarahmc18 1 / 6  
Wow. Well, I think you've got the right idea. It sounds like they're asking you to create a promt that asks the applicant to write about what they think is the meaning of a Renaissance education for the 21st century and tell about themselves and why they would be good for the University. Then you're supposed to explain how this prompt would identify the types of students that understand the meaning of a 21st century Renaissance eduation, and also how you would go about teaching a 21st century Renaissance education youself. Just my evaluation. Good luck with this!!

Could you take a look at my essay if you have time? I would appreciate it soooo much:

Home / Undergraduate / University of Texas Plan II essay