"X is unknown" - University of Chicago Supplement, Find X

mundaka 4 / 8  
I found this one a little difficult to write about , stuck for hours at a time. Let me know what you think, its a rough rough rough draft. Thank you :)

X will persistently be unknown. X will continually develop as a single entity until death, always touching the hearts of many. Too many X is an independent variable used in mundane mathematics or the twenty second letter in the alphabet depending on the order. Others perceive x as marking the spot of their hidden treasures or a roman numeral signifying the number ten. Personally, x is much deeper than any treasure that can be found, or even more complicated than any mathematics problem. X is me.

The various ratios of spontaneity, honesty, morality, and perseverance violently interact in a combustible reaction to create X. Along with these positive elements, the foundation of X is built upon a spine of organic foods, neurons shaped like musical symbols, and bones made up of Gatorade. However the most vital organs still remain, a heart sized for the whole population, and a fully conducting brain calculating the questions life has to offer.

The reason why X cannot be found is simply because it's always on the move. X participates in a hefty school day filled with monotonous teachers, texts book too large to fit the size of even the largest backpacks, and the spontaneous pep rallies throughout the campus. X brings diversity within the school, being the only Bangladeshian/ Ugandan on campus as well as the one of seven Indian students flooded among the overwhelming population. Being a regular volunteer at the Blind Children's learning center, X receives warmth from young kids each day. Don't let the fuzzy feeling fool you, X participates in a competitive varsity soccer league which consumes numerous hours of the day. X travels to Mock Trial and college class where he enjoys debating against wayward liberals on current American policies. X ends the night with a warm bowl of basil tomato soup and slaving the night away completing homework in preparation for the next day. If not a typical weekday, X can be found at the local gym, soup kitchen, or hockey game enjoying the treasures the community has to offer. Every Sunday night X enjoys a seven o clock church service at Rockharbor Church with a few friends and a lukewarm Starbuck's hot chocolate.

Always seeking the toughest competitor on earth, whether it is IB academics, varsity athletics, or mother X seeks to strive at the highest possible level. X is on a noble pursuit of the highest academics available, academics found at the renowned University of Chicago. To retract my previous statement, at one point of time in the universe X will be found. Other than that single point, X will constantly be on the move, from crawling away from scary aunts and uncles to driving to a movie with a few friends. For the next few years X hopes to be found in one place- the University of Chicago.
CrimeanGurl 1 / 17  
I think you're a good writer, but this topic is way too weird, no wonder you had troubles with it. To be honest, even though well-written, I felt that this essay was little more than a bunch of facts thrown together. Maybe you should pick a different topic?
ZeroCool2u 2 / 9  
Well I thought this was good and honestly I did like it but it seems to me more like poetry rather than an essay... I don't know exactly but I think if you want to do this topic you probably need to have a consistent theme or argument rather than "I am X" and describing X or yourself rather. I mean it did say "Find X" not "Find X and then describe/analyze/evaluate it in detail." I know I sound a little convoluted but basically I think your putting a little too much emphasis on describing X (yourself) instead of the process of finding it.

That's just my opinion :)

Good luck!

Home / Undergraduate / "X is unknown" - University of Chicago Supplement, Find X