Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

"youth organization (SDCA) in Bangladesh" - Why Vassar?

Naseef 2 / 9  
Hey guys some quick help for this supplemental essay will be much appreciated! And do be harsh =)

Essay Prompt: How did you learn about Vassar and what aspects do you find appealing about it?

"Yaaay! I finally found out an amazing college", said one of my friends as she came towards me, literally jumping with joy after her visit to the US last year. She then she went on to extol about the college, but to tell you the truth, I paid little heed to her. I do not know if it was her constant repetition of the college's name or just my amazing memory, but somehow the name of the college lingered on in my head even after a year. And yes, it was Vassar College.

Unlike my aforementioned friend, I did not have the opportunity to visit the US but more importantly Vassar. So I started to dig around in Vassar's website to find out more. And as soon as I saw Vassar's Class of '51 Observatory and its willingness to allow undergraduates to conduct research and get a hands-on experience even in their first year, with me being fascinated with astrophysics, I was hooked. In addition, Vassar's Science, Technology, and Society (STS) as a double major would be just the thing help broaden my horizons.

After co-founding a successful non-profit youth organization (SDCA) here in Bangladesh, I would like to carry on some of the good works over at Vassar and Community Works, I believe, will provide the perfect outlet for my boundless energy and passion for community service. And as I am still pondering over which subject I want to base all my life's hard work to, either Physics or Environmental Science, I believe know that the flexible curriculum and the liberal arts education over at Vassar will help me make up my mind.

Moreover, from Vassar's close proximity to the greatest city in the world, New York, New York, to its amazing food (I love how a member of the student council helps during the selection of food every year), beautiful campus and the fire spinning (!), I do not think that there is a college more suited to me than Vassar.

And if the moderators can review this essay in like 5 hours I will forever be indebted to you guy. That and I have candy!

Home / Undergraduate / "youth organization (SDCA) in Bangladesh" - Why Vassar?