Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Writing task 1: The chart show households in renting and owning accomocation in English and Wales

Le Minh Hien 1 / -  

Houses owned vs rented 1918-2011

The chart illustrates how purchasing and renting houses of people in England and Wales had changed over the period from 1918 to 2011. There was a downward trend in the number of residents living in rented apartments. However, the rate of people having their own accommodation is described as an upward trend. One of the significant features showed is that the percentage of households in both owned and rented apartments is the same in 1971, 50 percent. In 1918, renting houses was the most common phenomenon in English and Wales, accounting for around 77 percent. Meanwhile, no change happened in the two following time, 1939 and 1953. The figures representing the number of residents buying and renting accommodation are 32% and 68% respectively. There is a considerable fall in renting houses from 1953 to 1991. However, a large number of residents purchasing their own house pointed out over 38 years starting from 1952. In general, the changes in owning and renting apartment trend among residents in England and Wales show clearly in the chart.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing task 1: The chart show households in renting and owning accomocation in English and Wales