Ielts 2: Comic, Books, Radio, TV, Film, Theater - Advantages and disavantages.

tran14 12 / 26 7  
Compare the advantages and disadvantages of three of the following as media for communicating information. State which three you consider the most effective.

Comic
Books
Radio
Television
Film
Theater

Along with the improvements of our fast - paced society, more and more means of media are born in order to provide human with both domestic and foreign information on a large scale. In this essay, I will discuss the pros and cons of book, television and film as well as draw a conclusion of the most efficient one.

On the one hand, these are effective by virtue of their popularity among customers. As for books, they are well - known as one of the most common, useful and portable form of spreading and receiving data from all sources. Meanwhile, televisions and films are of the most highlighted contributors in terms of transferring information since they are enjoyed by a huge number of global population and can easily approach to all types and ranges of age of audience.

On the other hand, the negative points of them cannot be ignored. At times, youngsters are not in favour of books as they always have to read boring material at school. Additionally, not everyone has enough patience to continue reading till the last page if the book is too thick for them. Therefore, books hardly reach many sorts of user. Unlike books, televisions and films lead to problems due to the fact that they are costly to be produced. What is more is that they sometimes give incorrect news and features in the sense that manufacturers focus mainly on profit. In other words, they have a tendency to show what people want to see, no matter whether it is true or not.

In conclusion, books, televisions and films bring out not only advantages but also drawbacks to us. From my perspective, televisions seem to be the most outstanding media form of all, hence should be invested more.

Please mark my essay as well.
LAudrey - / 1  
@tran14
I think your essay is good but you need to cross-check your vocabulary and sentence structure
for example, since they are enjoyed by a huge number of[the] global population and
can easily [approach to all types and ranges of age of the audience.]---- the sentence is not very clear.

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts 2: Comic, Books, Radio, TV, Film, Theater - Advantages and disavantages.