Devouring of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030

PJmustbebetter 6 / 8  

consumption of energy in the USA

The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.

Answer:

The graph shows growth in the energy utilizing during the period 1980 - 2030 in the USA accounted for a 2008 report. Overall, the consumption for five out of the six fuels are expected to have some significant changes which Petrol and Oil energy has experienced a steep rise during a period of 50 years.

Petrol and Oil was the highest consumed energy in 1980, stood at around 35 quadrillion Units. With the exception of a slight fall over the next 15 years, it will increase significantly, and reach a peak in the final period of just below 50 quadrillion Units. On the other hand, Coal and Natural gas have grown steadily throughout the given frame, but Coal will exceed Natural gas by approximately 6 quadrillion Units.

Interestingly, Nuclear, Solar/Wind, and Hydropower are the least used energy in the 1980's. However, in the future, the former and the latter will rise slightly at just above 5 quadrillion Units, whereas Hydropower have remained stable.

To conclude, Petrol and Oil energy has become the most popular energy to consume, whilst Hydropower have been the least popular of the six in the USA based on history and projections, over the fifty-year period.

nyanpasu 3 / 6 4  
Hi Pujiati, I have some suggestions for you.

1. The words "units", "petroleum", "oil", "natural gas" etc. are not proper nouns. Don't capitalize them unless they are the first words in your sentence.

2. You have used the phrase "on the other hand" incorrectly. The phrase is used to connect two statements that are opposite to each other. Obviously, the trends observed in the case of petroleum and oil, and coal and natural gas aren't exact opposites. After all, both are experiencing an increase in usage over time.

3. Some of your sentences are explaining trends that will be observed in the future, but you're using the present/past tense. Be sure to use the right tense depending on when the trends are taking place. For example, your concluding sentence should look something like To conclude, petroleum and oil will remain the (...) while Hydropower will be the least consumed energy.

Home / Writing Feedback / Devouring of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030