Your family - who are you most similar to, what it takes to be a good parent?

myduyen95hv 1 / -  
This is the first time that I've taken an IELTS speaking exam (a sample not a real one). Please correct my speaking scripts and tell me what my problem is, how much I can score.

Thank you so much!!!

IELTS speaking part 1 and 2 - Family

1/Tell me about your family
My immediate family is relatively small, just my parents, my two sisters and me. My sisters are all over-10-year younger than me, so there is a huge generation gap between us. Although we don't share much in interests, we have a very strong connection. If someone is in a strange mood, the other will immediately notice and ready to share. I think that's because we are given a really stable upbringing. Both my father and mother plays an active role in our homelife and schoollife. They spend time taking care of us and teaching us in a balance and suitable way. We never feel lonely or jealous with each other. I consider myself very lucky.

2/Who are you most similar to in your family?
You can see a very clear family resemblance between me and my sisters. Even so, many people told me that the physical resemblance between me and my grandmother is striking. I've seen a photograph of her when she was young and we're quite alike. Other than that, I think have my father's temperament. We're both so stubborn. But thankfully, I inherited his mathematical brain.

3/What do you think it takes to be a good parent?
To be a good parent, it requires lots of qualities. But in my opinion, two most important ones are patience and love. Raising children is a rough and long way. It starts when the child is very little, everything is new to them. You need to teach them every single one. And when they are growing up, they want to know not simple and harmless things like leaves, trees and animals anymore. You have to show them the whole truth about people society, both good and bad side. Definitely the children would be naughty, not listen to you and make you mad. Without patience and love, you can not overcome all those hard time and be a good parent.
mathew123 2 / 2  
For speaking practice it is better to record your script in mobile and listen it again and again. Writting down script would not help much in speaking. In my opinion, explain things more and use of adjectives and phrasal verbs may boost up your band.

Home / Writing Feedback / Your family - who are you most similar to, what it takes to be a good parent?