The First Day of Grade Four

tuhocwriting 1 / -  

The First Day of Grade Four

I was finally in fourth grade. The big day was here! I can't wait for my teacher to start the lesson, but I had to get my books first. I was very excited to learn grade four because I would meet new friends, and start a new grade. First, I looked at all the books with my mom, and sister. Finally, I turned on my computer, and looked at all my lessons. It looked fun!

I started with Bible, the teacher taught me all about Heaven, what was and wasn't in it, and how we can get there. Then, I learned math, it was amusing, especially doing the work in the book. After math was language, the work was very interesting, and not hard at all. Then, I started reading, I had to go to my aunt's house to borrow my cousin's books to learn because I didn't have all of them. Then, my aunt couldn't find a book, and I had to find it at my house, which took twenty minutes, but I couldn't find anything. I reported the news to my aunt, she looked at her house, and finally found it in her closet, what a waste of time! I returned home to read with my teacher, Miss Gutterizz, my mom liked her best because she was energetic, and she talked fast. I don't agree, I like all of my teachers the same. I turned on history to study. My teacher started out by reading The American's Creed, it was interesting listening to it for the first time ever. After history was science, I learned how to observe insects, I had to look at the page even though the insects were very creepy.

That was the end of my fun day. I had a lot of fun learning on the first day. I know that I would enjoy learning it.
The essay is a bit confusing to read. Are you being home schooled? Or does your school practice the hybrid classroom set up? You did not clearly set up your learning / classroom background before launching into the experience discussion. You might want to set that up better for your reader when you edit the paper. For clarity sake. Too much time was spent on the book search, that should not take up so many sentences. It should be limited in presentation since it is not really relevant to the learning discussion. Yes, you were looking for a schoolbook, but you did not need to be so detailed about the search. It tended to take over the whole presentation rather than just being a mention in the essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / The First Day of Grade Four