IELTS TASK 1 - The graph shows predictions about the number of people who will study 3 languages

trangtrangtrang 1 / -  

Summarize the information from the graph

Hi, I'm a beginner. Please give me some feedback. Thank you very much!!!

The graph below shows predictions about the number of people who will study three major world languages between 2020 and 2030.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The graph illustrates anticipations about the number of students who will study three major languages in the world, over a decade between 2020 and 2030. The figures are given in millions.

Overall, what stands out from the graph is that there will be steady upward trends in the number of students who study English, Spanish, and Mandarin. Another interesting point is that Mandarin will have been the second most popular language for students by 2028 instead of Spanish.

In detail, as regards English, the number of students is likely to reach 550 million in 2020, then rising sharply to 700 million in 2024. Despite being estimated to experience a slight drop to 630 million in 2026, the figure will go up steadily to 750 million in 2030, being the peak level during the whole period.

If we look at the number of students of Spanish, it is set to hit about 200 million in 2020. After that, there will be a remarkable rise to 500 million at the end of the period. The trend is predicted to be similar to Mandarin. The figure will reach around 100 million in 2020, which was the lowest number of three languages. Next, the number of students studying Mandarin will shoot up year-on-year, finishing at just under 600 million by 2030.

You need to ensure that you do not write more than 190 words for the task 1 essay. You have written 217 words, which is within the Task 2 time writing range already. You should not take more than 20 minutes to write this essay because of the 150-190 word limit. You do not need to over write in this essay. It is just a direct report based on the visual information from the image. That does not take more than 190 words. Leave time for editing and polishing the content of the report. That is what you should be focused on.

What are the 3 major languages indicated in the graph? Indicate that as a part of the summary overview. Additionally, you need to be extremely accurate in your image description. This is a line graph. There are several types of graphs so you should be specific about which type of image you are describing to the reader. Each paragraph will be scored on the GRA indicators so do your best to write without run-on sentences. Use a mix of simple and complex sentences, avoiding run-ons. All your paragraphs need 3-5 description sentences. Use as many punctuation marks as you can, not just commas. Use semi-colons, parenthesis, percentage marks, and other punctuation marks as applicable to your report.

In the last paragraph, when you say "similar to Mandarin". Use an identifying reference in the next sentence ( The figure for mandarin indicates that will reach...) for clarity purposes. As long as you have at least 2 sentences establishing the reference point for the other language, you can skip constantly repeating the same language reference throughout the rest of the paragraph.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 1 - The graph shows predictions about the number of people who will study 3 languages