Happiness levels increased in developing nations compared to declining levels in developed one

huyenmy2612 1 / -  

an increase in happiness levels

In recent years, a peculiar trend has emerged where people in developing countries seem to be experiencing an increase in happiness levels, while individuals in developed nations appear to be less happy. This essay will present several factors attributing to this phenomenon and illuminate valuable lessons it brings to societies worldwide.

There are several reasons why happiness levels are rising in underdeveloped countries while they are falling in wealthy ones. To begin with, one possible explanation for this disparity is the concept of diminishing returns. Developed countries have made significant progress in economic growth, technological advancements, and material wealth. However, as societies become more affluent, the pursuit of material gains becomes less fulfilling, leading to a cycle of consumerism and workaholism. This leads to increased stress levels and decreased overall happiness. In developing countries, residents appreciate even the smallest improvements in living standards since individuals transition from extreme poverty to a more stable lifestyle, leading to increased happiness levels. Moreover, social connections and community bonds are stronger in these regions due to a collective sense of overcoming adversity, contributing to a greater sense of fulfillment and contentment among individuals.

This phenomenon offers numerous lessons for the whole world. Firstly, the contrasting experiences between developed and developing countries highlight the importance of reevaluating societal priorities. While economic growth remains crucial for improving living conditions, it should not be the sole focus. Developed nations can learn from developing countries by placing greater emphasis on non-material aspects of well-being such as social relationships, work-life balance, and mental health support systems. Furthermore, this trend underscores the significance of finding purpose beyond material possessions. Developed societies should strive to create environments that foster personal growth, self-actualization, and community engagement. By shifting the focus from constant consumption to holistic well-being, individuals in developed countries can rediscover happiness through meaningful connections and experiences.

All things considered, the increasing happiness levels observed in developing countries compared to declining levels in developed nations can be attributed to a combination of factors such as diminishing returns and the appreciation of small improvements. This phenomenon serves as a reminder for developed societies to reassess their priorities and place greater emphasis on non-material aspects of well-being. By doing so, individuals in these nations can find fulfillment and happiness beyond material possessions, ultimately leading to more balanced and content lives.
Your prompt restatement did not include the basis for the happiness of both sectors, which is economic growth (financual wealth) so your restatement is incomplete and inaccurate. There is a result, but there is no basis for this action. You skipped out on referring to your direct summarized reasons in response to the questions. You will not receive a score for the writer's opinion part in this paragraph because you did not present one. There is no score to be provided for simply repeating the writing response instructions. You wasted your chance to get a passing score in this essay because you did not properly develop your prompt restatement and writer's opinion. While your explanation is detailed and well developed, you may not be able to write so precisely within 40 minutes. Try to keep it as quick and short an explanation as possible. Long explanations are never beneficial to the exam taker.

Home / Writing Feedback / Happiness levels increased in developing nations compared to declining levels in developed one