Introduction about my country - Somalia

Brahim7777 1 / -  

a peaceful and worth visiting country

Firstly, somalia is a sovereign country situated in the horn of africa, it is bordered by kenya, ethopia and Djibouti through the disputed territory Somaliland, it has the longest coastline in africa's mainland and it's knows as "The land of punt"

Culturally it's called as the most homogenous country in africa, somalis share same faith, culture and language. They are generous, friendly, passionate, and respectful people, its the only place where people travel without any concern about what to eat or where to relax during their journeys as they typically knock any houses's door comes toward them whenever they need a food or a place to rest and sleep, they used to give a warm welcome to any guest regardless a previous knowledge.

Due to Somalia's proximity to the equator, there is not much seasonal variation in its climate. However, there are some very unpredictable rainfalls that occur sometimes. Hot conditions prevail year-round along with monsoon.

The capital city of somalia is mogadisho, the largest city as well, followed by hargeisa and bosaso, Apart from a mountainous coastal zone in the north and several pronounced river valleys, most of the country is extremely flat.

The economic of somalia depends on fishing, farming and livestock, although, the two decades lasting civil war has ruined the economy, now as world bank told the economy have been growing up since 2012. Apart from those major sources somalia also get a huge amount of money by exporting bananas, charcoal, hides and fishes.

Somalia got their independence in 1960 from Britain and Italy who colonized the southern and northern regions respectively, since then somalia joined african union in 1963 and arab league in 1974 fourteen years after their independence.

The most famous sports in somalia is football, children usually play at streets and beaches where you may see a very happy children chasing a ball or ball shaped materials, moreover the football federation exists, regional competitions always take place and fans passionately attend and fill the stadiums.

I would like to conclude my topic about somalia by admitting somalia is peace and a worth visiting country.
The main problem with your essay is the lack of capitalization throughout the presentation. You did not capitalize the name of countries a total of 20 times in your presentation. I am not sure why you did not capitalize the first letter of a country's name. That is English Grammar 101. All nouns are capitalized. Nouns are the names of persons, places, and things. Pronouns are capitalized when used at the start of a sentence. The exception being the pronoun I, which is always capitalized regardless of its location within the sentence.

I am wondering how you could make this mistake. If you used a word processing program, it would have highlighted such errors. If you used a mobile phone, the auto-correct would have shown you the correct spelling of the word. There is simply no excuse for such an extensive error in word capitalization.

As far as punctuation mark use is concerned, you constantly used a comma where a period was required. Creating long and hard to follow sentences. Rather than connecting ideas using a comma, offer clarity in the paragraph by using a period after sentences instead.

Home / Writing Feedback / Introduction about my country - Somalia