Home / Writing Feedback % width   Posts: 2

Living in a country as a non-native language speaker

Yusuf Momani 1 / -  
1 day ago   #1
in a country where you have to speak a foreign language can cause serious social problems, as well as practical problems

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Living in a country whose language is different from yours is thought to cause many problems related to the society and even the nature of your work. I completely agree with this statement as speakers of a foreign language can face many challenges in either their social life or their work.

Regarding to the social problems, speaking a foreign language may affect the way by which people understand you. Every language or every culture has its own way of expression which means that two languages may have the same word but with different meanings or this word is spoken in different contexts. For instance, the English word 'zip' has bad connotation in Arabic language. Furthermore, each language has a line of strict grammars which differs from other languages which in turn may affect the way we understand when things took place or will take place.

Turning to the practical problems, speaking vivid and understood language in your work is something crucial regarding to some reasons. First, the using of wrong words in the wrong time may affect the way the work is done. For example, you might fall in a job interview because you have almost no idea about the suitable words and the right time to say the words. Moreover, when you do not exactly understand what people say in your business, this may cause a misunderstood which could make you lose a big deal.

To sum up, living in a foreign country and speaking their language needs more attention and to be realized the significant points you should learn about the language. Otherwise, you could cause to yourself some difficulties

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15258  
1 day ago   #2
Avoid referring to people using pronouns in a Task 2 essay. That is because you must write from a general standpoint wherein your opinion presentation should be all inclusive. There is no Me and You or You and I. There are only people and their opinions. Good work on your writer's opinion and thesis statement though. It clearly shows the discussion path you want to take with this essay defense. The non-reference should be an overall part of the essay. You often refer to the reader in the presentations, which will be a problem since you are referring to the examiner, who is not supposed to be included as a reference target. This is a good effort at writing a task 2 essay. You actually did a good job of discussing the basis of your opinion. It is the pronoun presentation that proved to be its problematic aspect. Otherwise, it was a good job on your part.

Home / Writing Feedback / Living in a country as a non-native language speaker
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: