The marital status of adult Americans between 1970 and 2000

thutyedaniel 32 / 38 17  
The charts below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1970 and 2000, and the marital status of adult American in two of the years.

Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The bar charts illustrate about the number of marriages and divorces in USA from 1970 to 2000, and the marital status of adult Americans in1970 and 2000. At first glance, it is evident that the number of marriages in USA is higher than divorces over frimetime. Then, for marital status of adult Americans, married resulting the higher position than other marital status.

To begin with, in 19970 until 1980, the number of marriages was stable at 2,5 million while divorce was increased slightly at 1 million to around 1,4 millions in two of years next two decades the number of marriages saw decreased significantly at approximately 2.4 millions and 2 million respectively.

Moving to a more detailed analysis from the bar charts reveals that the percentage of adults for never married status stood at around 11 per cent, and reaching a peak at 70 per cent for married status, it decreased slightly at some 5 per cent to widowed, approximately 2 per cent for divorced in 1970.

lcturn87 - / 435 236  
1) 1st paragraph: Please delete about in the first sentence. There are a few instances where you state, "in USA", you must change it to "in the USA". There needs to be a space between in and 1970. When you refer to marriage being higher than divorce, I think you should give the period of time like you did in the first sentence. You can end the sentence with from 1970 to 2000 and delete over frimetime. The last sentence can be more specific. Ex: Marriage was the highest marital status of adult Americans in 1970 and 2000. I followed the title of the graph and looked at the percentage to help me with my sentence.

2) 2nd paragraph: When you begin the first sentence, you have a small error. There are two nines in 1970. Delete the first 9. Make sure there are periods between numbers. For example, you have 1,4 millions. Change this to 1.4 million. Make the same changes with any numbers that has a comma between them. Also in the next sentence delete the word "was" after divorce. The end of this sentence should read "million in that decade". To begin the next sentence you want to say, "In the next decade, from 1990 to 2000,"...and begin discussing that marriage decreased significantly. Keep millions singular by deleting the -s, and delete respectively. (This is not an easy task to explain two charts so mentioning the numbers helps the reader to understand the summary.) The last sentence just change the order of words, it should read "dramatic decrease".

3) 3rd paragraph: Please make sure that if you choose not to use a percent sign, that you don't make percent two words. Throughout this paragraph change per cent to percent. This last paragraph I would suggest making simpler sentences. I think you are trying to put too much information in one sentence. For example, never married was at 20 percent but widowed and divorced did not reach 10 percent.

If you make these changes you will do fine.
Windachan 13 / 18 5  
... and divorces in USA from 1970 to 2000, and the marital status ...
... of adult Americans, married resulting is the higher position than other marital status.

To begin with, in 199 70 until 1980,(...) while divorce was increased slightly /was a slight increase at 1 million to (...) the number of marriages saw decreased significantly saw a significant decrease ...

Then, the number of divorces experienced a decrease dramatically--> (experienced + adjective + noun) experienced a dramatic increase at around 1,2 million in ...

Home / Writing Feedback / The marital status of adult Americans between 1970 and 2000