[IELTS WRITING TASK 1] THE NUMBER OF SHOP CLOSURES AND OPENINGS IN A COUNTRY FROM 2011 TO 2018

angeloanh 1 / -  

the number of shop closures and openings

The line graph illustrates how many shops closed or opened their businesses from 2011 to 2018 in a particular country.[/b]

Overall, there was a downward trend in both the number of shop closures and openings in the reporting period, with the figure for shop inauguration saw a massive decrease. In addition, the number of shop openings hit its lowest point in 2015, while the other was in 2018.

The number of shop openings started at 9000 in 2011, after which it experienced a sharp dip to 4000 in 2012, following a slight rebound just above 6000 in 2014. To a lesser extent, the figure for shops being shut down began at 6500, going through a small drop to 6000 in 2012, experiencing some fluctuations from 2012 to 2014 and ending at roughly 6000.

There were only about 500 shops being wound up in 2015 - a significant fall compared to 2014. After that, the figure rose substantially in 2016 and remained steady approximately 5000 until 2018. The figure for shop openings followed an almost identical pattern, which took a dip in 2015 and arrived at the same statistic in 2012, plateauing from that year to 2017, and eventually sank to 3,000 in 2018.

(205 words)
The trending paragraph is no longer a trending paragraph. It turned into a report already due to the over-information and comparative discussion provided in the section. Therefore, the essay will be deemed only partially format compliant and receive TA deductions due to the lack of a proper trending statement or correctly formatted trending paragraph. Say less in the trending statement. Play safe and discuss only 1 trend to establish the presentation requirement. The rest of the comparison can be made in the reporting paragraphs.

Even though the essay is over the maximum 200 word requirement, it cannot possibly gain a passing score because of the lack of grammar range in the presentation. The paragraphs have a standard requirement of 3-5 sentences. Any less than that, 2 sentence presentations, are not considered properly developed paragraphs. There is a lack of proper analysis in the presentation. There is no real mix of simple, complex and compound sentences, only run-on sentences, which will result in a failing GRA score.

*I did not access the image link due to forum rules disallowing access to exterior links. We will not be responsible for any malicious coding or malware that may have accidentally attached to the link that could damage or infect the computers of the other users here. Next time, upload the image to the server for safety purposes. If an image link is provided a second time, no advice will be provided anymore.

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS WRITING TASK 1] THE NUMBER OF SHOP CLOSURES AND OPENINGS IN A COUNTRY FROM 2011 TO 2018