Essay about the power of advertising in the sale of consumer goods

Matt1313 4 / 7  
Are the ideas chosen relevant to the topic?

Today the high sales of popular consumer goods reflects the power of advertiseming the not the real needs of the society in which they are sold.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Modern methods if marketing have drastically changed consumer choices. This is why some argue that the reason why most consumer products are purchased are due to the influence of advertisements rather than requirements of the society it is purchased in. From my point of view, this statement is completely accurate and in this essay I will argue that that this is due to excessive spending by companies in ads and the mindset people have today.

Companies spend large sums of their budget on advertising, whether they are large corporations or small start-ups. This leads to the creation of increasing numbers of advertisements, with some so creative that they instantly attract the customer towards the product. The company Apple, for example spends around 30% of its budget on marketing, citing that if it were not for the large amounts spent on creating innovative ads, sales would not be as high as they are now. Hence, the more money is spent on advertising, the higher the returns in profit.

In addition, people have gotten a mindset, where they buy something that is advertised rather than an unknown brand's product. This is simple because people prefer things that are familiar. In other words, it is human nature to assume something is better if it is familiar. When we are traveling, for instance, we tend to buy a brand's product that we recognize even if the alternative available is cheaper and of higher quality.

In conclusions, when compared to the needs of a society, I believe in modern times advertisement is the main driving factor in the purchasing habits of people.
2 problems exist in the prompt paraphrase. The first problem is that the author has opened with non- supported claims. A non supported claim is seen as information added by the writer that creates the wrong emphasis or a prompt deviation. Either of which will result in point deductions based on restatement inaccuracy. Never add or remove information from the ougenal. Always use the same idea without exaggerations or additions. From what I have read though, the writer has misunderstood the given topic and discussion basis. This is not about purchasing habits although purchases are involved in the discussion.

The second problem is that the writer is not using the correct discussion reference for his extent opinion. There is no arguement, only the personal opinion of the writer that he is expected to explain over 2 paragraphs. He is confused about the response formats. His interpretation is also faulty as it is not aligned with the discussion as provided. These errors mean that there are severe prompt deviations leading to a failing preliminary score. Misaligned discussions will deliver a final failing score overall.

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay about the power of advertising in the sale of consumer goods