Pre-nuptial agreements. Do you think everyone should have it?

Taniad 4 / 15  
Nowadays before getting married a couple will consider their marriage contract painstakingly, bearing in mind all the plausible outcomes of their matrimony. However, the opinions have differed and some still believe that it is love that counts while wedding.

In the estimation of most people, pre-nuptial agreement should be obliged to prevent the disadvantageous consequences that might take place after divorce. Nevertheless, the supporters of old views become known by strongly refusing covenants of marriage. To their mind, such contracts are not the accurate omens of the successful marriage.

The pros I see in the matrimonial alliance with pre-nups are that after a family split up, acquired property is divided equally between the two sides. However, at the same time, it seems that marriage contracts cause distrust which is the fatal factor for prosperous domesticity.

According to the law of Ukraine marriage relationship, rights and duties can also be regulated by pre-nuptial agreements. This legislation has been created quite recently and it has not taken on among Ukrainian populace.

In my view, people should be free to choose what they thinks is better for them and that is why I am opposed to forcing everyone to sign a marriage contract which is, in fact, a meaning nothing piece of paper.

Despite all the controversies around the topical issue, I believe that pre-nuptial agreement will finally become binding. People have always rejected innovations, but then admitted that they had done rightly accepting them, which is, I think, going to happen one more time.
auds 2 / 40  
To their mind, such contracts are not the accurate omens of the successful marriage.

In their mind...of a successful marriage.

thinks

think

a meaning nothing piece of paper.

I think it's more than just a piece of paper because they ruin lives and as you said, they cause distrust in a relationship. So it has so much more leverage than just a piece of paper.

Once more...

Your essay was good, but I think towards the end you switched sides. I think that through your essay you need to stick on one side. Do you agree with pre-nuptial agreements or not. Overall it was great. You really know how to write and the selection of your words are great.
OP Taniad 4 / 15  
thank you very much for your comments, auds
The reason why I didn't stick on one side is becouse I'm not really sure if it's good or bad to make pre-nups binding. This issue isn't very simple, becouse if it were, people wouldn't talk about it so much.

And I don't see the world in black and white that is why I agree that pre-nups can have a negative effect on a marriage, but only partly.
femifash 2 / 2  
I believe both parties will know if there is the need for a pre-nupt before they marry if they actually dated

Home / Writing Feedback / Pre-nuptial agreements. Do you think everyone should have it?