TOEFL: A teacher's ability to relate well with students is more important than ...

MariRangel 1 / 1  
TOEFL: A teacher's ability to relate well with students is more important than excellent knowledge of the subject being taught.

I think that must be a little of the two things in balance, an ability for the teacher to relate well with students and good knowledge of the subject being taught.

The teacher's ability to relate well with students can be useful when it focus on the course. And in both sides -teacher-student- must be some special qualities: teacher must be prepared in major of his topics and students must be eager, interested and responsible on classes. Then the relationship between a prepared teacher and an interested student can improve the dynamic of learning. Also if the student is participatory and have previous knowledge on class, he will be able to enrich the lectures or discussion, and encourage the teacher for going on. In this manner will probably exist empathy towards the course.

However, this relationship can't always set and delve whereas for the teacher is a job and an obligation for the student, both working around the school interest. And as the matter of fact, exist an analogy of this relationship in game theory called ecology of the classroom, where a mathematical model of competition or predator-prey can be implemented in this dynamic. It should be mentioned that the teacher needs not only have an excellent knowledge of the subject being taught but also this knowledge must be part of their life, that leads to inspired curiosity and interest when attack the class problems.

In conclusion we can say that both qualities (relate well with students and a good knowledge of the subject being taught) of the teacher are necessary insofar that exist respect, interest and balance from students and all focus on the subject to teach.
The teacher's ability to relate well with students can be useful when it focus on the course.

------- your idea is not clear to the reader. What do you mean?

And in both sides -teacher-student- mustbehave some special qualities

teacher must be prepared in major of his topics and students must be eager, interested and responsible on classes.

---------------- this too lacks clarity
I guess what you mean is that teacher should have a sound relationship with his students?
ana_p 27 / 81  
Hi,

I think, in such types of essays, you have to agree or disagree, then clarify your opinion with examples. You can compare but try to give preference to your view and write. One more thing I would like to suggest that, arrange your essay in proper structure such as intro para, main body para 1 or 2 or 3 (with reasons and examples) and last conclusion para. And try to write simple sentences to clear you ideas. Your ideas are not clear as Dumi said.. try to work on it...(..just a suggestion)

Hope this helps:)

Good Luck!!

Thanks,
Ana.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL: A teacher's ability to relate well with students is more important than ...