IELTS: UK Tourism (Departure and Arrival)

SHanafi 120 / 415 93  
The line graphs show information on UK tourism in terms of departures and arrivals over a 20-year period, while the bar chart presents the details of foreign travels made by UK citizens in 1999.

Overall, the number international travel done by UK residents was far above the number of foreigners who traveled in the UK from 1979 to 1999. Further, France remained as the most favorable tourist destination for English travelers in 1999.

As per the line graph, the number of visiting abroad among UK residents slightly increased from around 12 millions in 1979 to 20 millions in 1984. Similarly, the tourism departure showed a slight increase with less number. Stood 10 millions to 12 millions in the same period, such trend climbed steadily to 12 million overseas residents coming to UK. By comparison with the number of visiting to UK that showed a slight increase to nearly 30 millions in 1999, the overseas travel by UK residence rose sharply to more than 50 millions in 1999.

The sharp increase of traveling in 1999 attracts around 12 millions UK residence to come to France. Standing in contrast with USA trend being accounted 4 millions of UK visitors come there, such trend had almost three fold increase in full loan of visitor. Spain comes as the second favourable by 9 million visitors are arrived from UK. However, Turkey and Greece strong stance as the two least favourable tourism destination which reckoned less than 3 millions Britons deciding take their vacation there.

Andy_Vo 2 / 5  
UK residents slightly increased from around 12 millions in 1979 to 20 millions in 1984

personally, i would not state the increase from 12 mil to 20 mil is the slight increase.
i'd prefer substantially, considerably, or something like that to slightly

Turkey and Greece strong stance
should be strongly

that's all for me, overall it's a decent essay.

hope this helped.
The bar graphline graphs presentshowsinformation on UK tourism in terms of departure and arrivals over a 20-year period, while the bar chart presents UKresidence's destinations in 1999.the details of foreign travels made by UK citizens in 1999.

Overall, the number international travel done by UK residents was far higherabovethan the number of UK departure rate by the foreignerswho traveled in the UK from 1979 to 1999. However, Further, France noted asremained the most favourite tourismtourist destination for English peopletravelersin the highest number of tourism in 1999.
As per the line graph, the number UK citizens who visitedof visiting abroad among UK residentsslightly increased from around 12 millions in 1979 to 20 millions in 1984.(8 million increase is not a slight increase)Similarly, thetourism departureForeign visitors to UK too had shownshowed a slight increase with less number from 10 millionsmillion to 12 millionsmillion in the same period.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: UK Tourism (Departure and Arrival)