Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 2

Book Report on Andrew Gordon's Postwar Japan As History

J Richter 1 / -  
I am completely stuck on writing the thesis for this book. If anyone has read it, their help would be greatly appreciated.

The assignment for the thesis is as follows:

Clearly state the thesis that forms the basis of Gordon's work. In doing so be sure to cite the sentence or sentences in the text that spell out the author's thesis. Your discussion of the thesis should also include more than just this quotation from Gordon regarding the thesis, but also an overview of Gordon's work that focuses on how the thesis unfolds. This part should be a paragraph or a page in length.

I have a few notes written as a basic outline, but nothing worth mentioning. I am not looking for someone to write the thesis for me, just discuss possible ideas.
I am not looking for someone to write the thesis for me, just discuss possible ideas.

I know what you mean, it's okay! This sort of thing can SEEM difficult, but it is not.

You are being asked, "What is the book about?" But if a whole book is necessary for explaining the message, it sure is a tough challenge to express that message in a single thesis statement.

But when you look at a review online, you get the answer right away. Google this: review, gordon, postwar japan as history

Look at a review, and meditate on the key words in the introduction. Look at what the 3 themes are that I see mentioned in some review.

You are going to need to get very good at succinctly expressing the message of an article or book. You can always find it in the introduction!

Home / Book Reports / Book Report on Andrew Gordon's Postwar Japan As History