Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 3

Essay on Jane Eyre and Bronte's view on religion

DariusVassel15 3 / 6  
Hey, i am writing an analytical essay on Jane Eyre and how Bronte sees religion and how she expresses her view in the book.

Here is my thesis/intro paragraph, and i would like some assistance on the succinctness of the thesis and if its meaning is apparent.

In Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre, there exist many dominant themes, specifically religion. Throughout the novel, Bronte explores Christianity and its affect on humans in Victorian England. The Story provokes reflection pertaining to Christianity by the authors numerous and varying references. Bronte Exhibits, through Jane's experiences with the characters of Brocklehurst, Helen and St. John her rejection of the conventional Christian religion, yet through herself she finds her own connection to God.
KHuang28 4 / 7  
it is sort of too repetitive .. u mention bronte 3 times in only the thesis
In Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre, there exist many dominant themes, specifically religion.

Ask yourself about the purpose of this sentence. The purpose seems to be to tell the reader that many themes are dominant. That is not what to say! Instead, give a simple sentence that makes a real observation.

This is the way to correct this sentence:
Bronte Exhibits exhibits, through Jane's experiences with the characters of Brocklehurst, Helen, and St. John, her rejection of the conventional Christian religion, yet through herself (replace this with a word that is more descriptive) she finds her own connection to God.

:-)

Home / Book Reports / Essay on Jane Eyre and Bronte's view on religion