Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 2

Little Women - What reading have you enjoyed most in the past year?

Lilywalden 1 / -  

What reading have you enjoyed most in the past year and why?

The reading I have enjoyed most in the past year Is "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott. I learned about this book a few years back when my mom read this to me. It had been a few years so I decided to read it for myself and found a new joy in reading this book. Some parts made me cry and others laugh, and that's what I look for in a book. I always love a book that makes me feel an emotional attachment to the characters.

Little Women is based in 1860 and is a story about four sisters, Meg, Beth, Jo, and Amy. The story follows the four sisters as they go from children into young adults. I always felt joy in reading and this book just warms my heart. Some other books I've read I enjoy, but they don't give me emotion as this book did. Something I love about this book is how the characters are putting others before them, how they would give their Christmas breakfast to a family with no money or food. It inspires me to do good and help others as they did.

I love coming-of-age books and find a heart-warming joy in them. This book makes me cry and laugh, I could read it multiple times and still feel the same emotion. I love this book tremendously and would recommend it to anyone.
You are discussing the book in general terms, which is a waste of your word count. The book that you read needs to provide a sense of lesson learned or realization on your part. It has to show that you developed as a person due to the connection you made with the reading. You cannot just present a summary of the story and imply that you enjoyed parts, cried in some parts, and enjoyed a full range of emotions. That does not imply a character development on your part due to your learning from the life and times of these independent and free spirited girls who were ahead of their time when the book was written.

Home / Book Reports / Little Women - What reading have you enjoyed most in the past year?