Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 4

(techniques that Schlosser) FAST FOOD NATION ESSAY

taeb1n 3 / 8  
Analyze the writing techniques that Schlosser uses to persuade the reader. Analyze how he uss these tecniques and whether or not they are effective.

basically i guess examples of logos pathos ethos..

haha..help ? :) :)
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good evening.

Because this essay deals with specific material that you and your classmates have exclusive access to I will only be able to edit for grammar and mechanics. As research for this topic would fall out of the scope of my free services, I am not familiar with either of the texts you are using for this class, so if you need further assistance with the content, I suggest you contact paid academic writing services, or alternatively, your instructor, fellow classmates, academic advisor, or media center specialist, as they can connect you with research resources available only through your institution.

Good luck!
OP taeb1n 3 / 8  
oh..hmm..

mmhk...gracias :)
OP taeb1n 3 / 8  
Ethos,logos, pathos are the three writing styles that everyone needs to know to be a more effective writer and rader. Everyone has their own writing style and has their own way of interpreting a text. The art of rhetoric, the three main rhetoric writing styles better known as ehtos, logos, pathos, can help you to better understand their meaning in what the writer is trying to say and better understand their meaning.

Eric Schlosser clearly is no fan of fast food. Sclosser, argues that fast food franchies are a major factor in causing obesity and ill health of Americans. Schlosser's main pint across throughout the book would be thast fast foo giants have negatively impacted american culture, and have contributed to urban sprawl. With his careful analysis and his effective writing styles using ethos,logos,and pathos he convinces you about the negative impact about the fast food industry in america.

In the very beginning of the book, Schlosser tells the story of how the Mcdonalds arch was formed and the story of a high school student who "backlashed" against coke day. Douments distributed by companies or corporations are logos-drive. Appeal based on emotion and logic, Schlosser doesnt put the blame on the kid, or the principlewho suspended him but on coca cola. Schlosser confessed that schools need various methods to increase budgets cut by school administrations but doesnt blame the principle for denying the student's right to choose what he wears. Schlosser does blame Coca cola stating that it is at fault for denying the student right of free speech, although it was the principle who actually suspended him. For the explaination of the mcdonalds arch and how it was created, Schlosser states that the mcdonalds arch and ronald mcdonald are more widely known than Mickey Mouse or the Christian cross. Schlosser declares that there seems to be no limit to fast food growth and influece, which the mcdonalds arches and other logos of fast food restaurants have covered not only United States but other countries as wlel.

Schlosser uses ethos to explain "why french fries taste good ". He simply tells the rader that they were cooked in beef tallow and a blend of cottonseed oil, both assuring to clog arteries. After customers found out about the danger of the fries, mcdonalds switched to vegetable oil and added food additives. Schlosser helps the reader to understand that he believes something is wrong with what we consumer when everything we eat can be created with food additives and flavoring.

Although there are many different writing styles you can use to affect the text, Schlosser's uses of all 3 main rhetoric devices helps you understand the amount to researcxh that went into creating this book and his views on fast food. So far, while reading fast food nation you can tell that Schlosser is against the fast food culture, but more against the business practices that allowed fast food to become a way of life.

HELP EDIT PLEASE...sorry its messy

Home / Book Reports / (techniques that Schlosser) FAST FOOD NATION ESSAY