Home / Dissertations   % width Posts: 10

E-commerce Security Issues, e-business proposal

Flo 1 / 4  
Overview
You have been engaged as a consultant to consider an e-business proposal for an on-line coffee and
tea importer and distributer. The business will take orders via the Internet from the public in the local
area and deliver by van. You are required to give clear advice, supported by evidence, on the security
issues that the company must consider in developing the site. Your clients do not have a technical
background therefore the report should be presented in a style appropriate to your audience.
You should draw on the material from the whole module and your own research to conduct the
security analysis. You are required to prepare a short formal report in which you will give advice
regarding the security issues for creating this type of web presence for the business.
You are expected to consider all relevant security aspects. You should give recommendations for any
actions that may have to be taken in areas you consider significant.

I have some draft answer report to this scenario i just need additional points if available
Ropes4u 2 / 11  
Three key issues I would address are Privacy, Integrity, Authentication. A wealth of information can be found online or at securityfocus.com I hope this helps.

John
OP Flo 1 / 4  
yeh...i have already address those issues including Digital signatures and certificates, PCI, SSL, SET and others but not sure if they are relevant to the question. having in mind that the company am writing this report to does not have any technical ideas so they want a report with little techincal points. These three issues r good enough i suppose.

Thanks
Wow, good luck with this complex subject. For projects like this, which are beyond the scope of my own education, I always go straight to Google Scholar to see what else has been written. Just about everything that you could write has been written about before... so you might find other points to include by reading some articles on Google Scholar.
OP Flo 1 / 4  
Hmm google scholar...good idea. this is just a small assignment in my course...av got harder ones just not sure if i can post dem on here. av already worked on this assignment i was just looking for more ideas and the ones given at the moment are helping. many thanks guys. should i post more questions on here? so we can just argue it out and gain more knowledge. trust me they are abit interesting
Go for it! And I'll hope to learn a thing or two while you perhaps get some good advice and opinions.
OP Flo 1 / 4  
Questions

1. Speculate on whose fault you think it is that this project over-ran? Discuss with reasons
at least three alternative scenarios.

2. How should this project have been managed in an ideal world?

3. List (post hoc - after the fact) possible risk factors that may have lead to the downfall
of the IT Manager at ARS. Give reasons for your choices.
Ohhh... I thought you meant you were going to post YOUR questions here. That was my mistake; now that I am looking at it again I realize that I should have known you meant you were going to post a question from the class.

Well, the first thing to do is read the class material and make a list of every major point. Try to type or write at least one item on the list for every paragraph of class material. Then, read these questions again, and for each question circle any items on the list that are relevant to it.

By doing that, I will be able to answer based on the class material as you are expected to do. I hope that helps! Sorry it really is not much help... :)
OP Flo 1 / 4  
is there any way u can delete that thread for me? so i could just revise it cos there is only one thing i need to expand about. perhaps if i make the scenario shorter and clearer you could understand better
Go ahead and expand what you want to expand. As you help us to understand, maybe your understanding will improve, too. Just remember that this is not a place where you can just get the answers (some people try to avoid having to work and learn!). I hope I can help you in the way you need. Good luck!!!

Home / Dissertations / E-commerce Security Issues, e-business proposal