Admission essay for undergraduate Mechanincal Engineering program

skyknight_2013 1 / 2  
hello every one , i am very happy to find this forum , i am very stressed about writing an admission essay for undergraduate admission engineering , i have just one month left to submit my application but i did not start writing even a word , can you guys just help by proposing samples , advices , tips , i am going to apply maybe for mechanical or electrical engineering , , i hope i will get guidance and help asap , thank you very much .
Hi,
I can suggest you two things to get a start;
1. Read answers to similar prompts in our undergraduate forum; read the comments provided by other people - this would help you with getting some idea as how to proceed with. Make sure that you do not copy contents as you may get caught to plagiarism.

2. Start writing your answers in draft form and post them here for comments and help.
We certainly help students to improve their admission essays by providing comments and editing certain parts. But you need to give a start.
OP skyknight_2013 1 / 2  
HI dumi ,

thank you very much for your answer , i just start writing but honestly i am not perfect , and English is not my first language , i hope anyone who can help , just leave your comments , just check the meaning of my writing and tell me if i am going in the best direction , i did not finish it yet , i prefer to get your advices to boost me completing this task , again thank you very much , hope to read your asnwers and comment asap

<<<<<<<
When I think about studying ,I spend hours thinking about how to make it back and continue my education in a prestigious university , not only for reputation , it is also a good opportunity for me as a future engineer to improve my knowledge , learn in a very professional way and get the skills that engineers need in this era to be more productive , more competitive ,and also a problem solvers ,

My passion for engineering kept growing since I was a little kid , I was very curious about how stuffs work , games , cars ,engines , whatever a thing that I found , i collected a lot of pieces from different damaged devices like radios , televisions ,mechanical machines , and I tried to make stuffs out of them , in the meantime my father was a mechanic however I had a chance to see him fixing engines and mechanical systems , in that period of time my love for mechanic came to life , every time I saw him fixing an engine , I was thinking about the magic that makes those separate parts when put together make that piece of technology running . in that period of time , I was looking to it as a human being , inhale and exhale ,work, movement , in the other side air intake ,exhaust and work production , and the question that came to my mind was :how a genius that created this machine was ! That what inspired me to mechanical engineering . It was really the best period I lived in my life because it was a hobby first and it increased my passion, curiosity and love for mechanical engineering. When I got my baccalaureate degree in my country, I had a chance to register in a polytechnic school that is the best in the field of engineering , it was not ranked as Harvard or MIT , but anyway at least it has mechanical engineering , unfortunately I did not graduate from that school because I had a chance to immigrate to the us , however I changed my plan and took risk , I quit studying there and I came to the us with big hopes and expectations to get better education and high level of study in engineering .

I really believe that a high level of education is a key factor in the career of an engineer, getting high skills to be a successful engineer in mechanical engineering starts by studying in a university that offers this high level of education In the field, up to date program that allows a student to get a worth knowledge, and helps him achieving his dreams in mechanical engineering. ....

>>>>>>>>>>
hope to read your asnwers and comment asap

... :D
Well.... It's great if you posted the prompt... I guess this is your Personal Statement (PS) or the Statement of Purpose (SOP) .... Is it?

If this is your SOP, then it should portray you as ;
(1) passionately interested in the field; (2) intelligent; (3) well-prepared academically and personally; (4) able to take on the challenges of grad school; (5) able to have rapport with professors and fellow grad students - in other words, collegial; (6) able to finish the graduate degree in a timely fashion; and (7) a potentially outstanding representative of that grad school in your future career.

If this is your PS then you must answer;
1)What you want to study at university and why 2)Your interests and skills 3)Gap year (if applicable)

I collected those frameworks from websites.... I would provide you with more comments on your writing once you tell me the prompt or the purpose of your above writing (SOP or PS?)
OP skyknight_2013 1 / 2  
thank you again for the advices you gave me ,

i think those are my PS , i just wrote them from my mind , i mean i don`t have idea about the difference between PS and POS , can you just direct me how to use each of these statement in my essay and when i should put them , after gathering information about how an admission essay should be , i guess i have to put my essay as it comes from my mind in a very formal way , i mean i wanna avoid copy past because they will find out as i was told , , just please give me kind of map to write from beginning to end if you could , anyways thank you very much for the answers you provided to me , and for devoting from your time to help people like me , i appreciate that

Home / Essays / Admission essay for undergraduate Mechanincal Engineering program