"Big moment" - narrative essay

rozmkey 1 / -  
help!!!! I have a narrative paper due next week about a "big moment" that happened in one day and made a big change in my perspective in life. i cant think of any topic i can use or if i was even thinking of the right idea of the writing. please, could anyone help me....,,,,?
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

It normally takes a really big, often catastrophic, event to change one's perspective on life. My first thought was the September 11 attacks, which changed many Americans' views of the world. No longer could we think of the Middle East as some place way over on the other side of the world which has no effect on our own lives. Many aspects of life changed that day, including what we have to go through to get on an airplane and how safe we feel in our own homes. Another big event that made people see the world differently was Hurricane Katrina. I know many people (myself included) who went out and bought extra bottled water and canned food "just in case." The scenes of what was happening in New Orleans brought home vividly what can happen when a city's infrastructure falls apart. Whether due to terrorist attacks or natural disaster, any interruption in something as vital as the water supply can have fatal consequences for many. I try never to be without at least a couple of gallons of water in reserve now--just in case.

I hope these ideas help to get you started!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Essays / "Big moment" - narrative essay