Cause and effect essay thesis. If US cuts military in foreign nations

Fcx35 1 / 2  
Hi, I'm new to this forum and need some help with a compelling thesis for my essay. I would like to base my cause and effect on the effects if US cuts military aid in foreign countries. My examples would include issues in Europe, Mideast, and Asia. Any ideas would help :) thanks in advance.
ProfessorVerb - / 2  
The stationing of U.S. military forces in Europe since the end of World War II has allowed these countries to prosper at our expense. Likewise, 50,000 American troops stationed 17 miles south of the DMZ in South Korea (I was one of these) will do nothing to stop a North Korean assault. Bring our troops home and the world will not have so many reasons to hate us.
OP Fcx35 1 / 2  
Thanks for the quick response; however, I want to apologize. I should of clarified better. I was thinking more of the negatives if US pulled all their foreign military support. unresolved conflicts and effects if US military is not present to act responsibly.

example: conflicts that might spark in Asia between China and Taiwan, China and Japan, Japan rearmament. North and South Korea.
example2: conflicts in Europe between the Serbs and Bosian, Kosovo, European Union to resolve conflicts on their own,
example3: conflicts in the Mideast with Iran, Egypt, oil rich nations risking being attacked.

I'm not sure how I should state my thesis to support my paper. That US still needs to be a big brother towards allies in case of uncertainties.

Thanks in advance
OP Fcx35 1 / 2  
There is a great deal of debates on rather the United States should completely withdraw their military presence from the rest of the world. Nearly one out of every three Americans supports efforts for bringing back troops from belligerent nations. Although if countries could defend themselves in the first place, the United States would not need to sacrifice lives to defend their ideology. However, without the United States being the self appointed police officer for the world, can ultimately lead towards drastic negative effect at both the social and economic level. The withdrawal of US military presence around the world would result in greater uncertainty, lowered levels of security and a rise in armed conflicts.

Home / Essays / Cause and effect essay thesis. If US cuts military in foreign nations