Essay about The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand

dorkee 2 / 2  
Can someone kindly help me with this question given to me from my teacher, especially the second part?
I have no idea what I should write. Thank you!!

How does Howard Roark exemplify the fact that reason must be used to solve man's problems, rather than relying on others' judgments or one's emotions? Why is the dynamiting of Cortlandt not an example of irrationality?
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon.

Ayn Rand was a philosopher, so try and look at her works from another (all) point(s) of view; sometimes her perspectives can be VERY confusing!

Roark is a very cold an analytical individual. He could have probably been a statistician in a former life :). He does not let his emotions or desires get the best of them; his relationship with Dominique is the dominant example of this. How does his reasonableness and analytical thinking help him in his life? Or better yet, how do other characters' emotions lead them to end up in not-so-great positions?

As to the second part, think about what leads up to the demolition. Are there specific reasons for this action, or is it a spur-of-the-moment action led by emotions?

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP dorkee 2 / 2  
Yep, that helped me a bit. I should start brainstorming. Thanks! =)
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
You are welcome. If you need further asssistance, please feel free to post again.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Essays / Essay about The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand