I want to know something about myself ("cold decent boy")

amlan619 1 / -  
I am n't sure that how can i describe myself anyways i am cold decent boy.
sezrenei 1 / 4  
It's not very difficult to describe your character as long as you've found some proper examples to explain that.For instance, you can site a risk you've taken, academical, leadership elections or extracurricular activities you played a role in. By this, you have to entail how does that experience infulenced you ,or how did that changed your way of thinking.Remember,the risk you've taken is not necessarily to be something heroic, it can be quite trivial.But you have to describe how did that show your poiseness and coldness when you've got to deal with tough circumstances.

I hope this could help you.And I will appreciate it if you could give some critiques to my common app short answer.
you can site a risk you've taken, academical, leadership elections or extracurricular activities you played a role in.

M. Hanitir, this suggests that what we have done is what makes up who we are -- I think I agree!!

That is a profound observation.

M. Hanitir, I also suggest that you should leave a link to your own essay so that people who see this thread can easily help you.

https://essayforum.com/undergraduate-2/redbud-literature-honors-society-common-app-short-17270/

Prallab, what do you mean by "cold decent boy?" This is interesting!! In English, cold = "cruel and emotionless"

You can show that you are decent by saying, "I want to make my life meaningful by benefiting others."
sezrenei 1 / 4  
Ooooops!I've never thought the "cold" word could mean more than cool.Thank you for telling me that.
I've never thought the "cold" word could mean more than cool.

That is so interesting!! I didn't think you were talking about cool.

What does the word col mean to you My sense of it is that someone is cool if they do not get upset easily. They keep their cool.

Also, something or someone is cool if it is interesting. So, those are 2 meanings. But if you say someone is cold, it means she needs a jacket, but it can also mean she does not feel guilty if she hurts someone.

:-) pretty weird language!!!
sezrenei 1 / 4  
Uh,well,I think if I describe someone "cool",that means she or he is recollected and level-headed.
Yes, that's right. How strange! Cool means level headed, but cold means something like "uncaring and unfeeling."
Yumi 2 / 3  
to practice, thinking of what kind of a person you want to be. I believe that this is easier to make some idea

Home / Essays / I want to know something about myself ("cold decent boy")