During a our lifetime we face our own battles and guilt; The Search For Redemption

p1x3 1 / -  
During a our lifetime we face our own battles and guilt. Some are small and some are bigger than we might think. Such guilt as not telling the truth to your parents, not doing your homework, or lying to boss about why you are late. Nonetheless, we still find our temporary relief by doing something we think will make up for the cause of guilt. Redemption is the act of being relieved of guilt for our sins or bad thing that have been done. The main character Amir, from Khaled Hosseini's novel The Kite Runner, will has to deal with the guilt from his young ages throughout his adulthood.

The actions of main character Amir were the result of the lack of Baba's, his father, affection. Until Amir's teen years, he did not understand why father would not show any kind of affection to him, yet Hassan, young servant, was adored by Baba. After the incident in the alley, the tension between Amir and his servant increase, which result in Ali, father of Hassan, and Hassan himself leave their home. The rainy day, when Baba drove Ali and Hassan away, was the last time Amir saw his friend and servant. From that day Amir's guilt starts to choke him until they leave to USA. That day, was the last time Amir could change the outcome of Hassan's life.

We are humans and often we tend to react first without thinking about the outcome of our actions. Only after our actions we may regret what has been done and start to think of what could have happened instead. Sometimes we are able to overcome the feeling of guilt and keep it deep down, Amir is a great example of such. After arriving to USA he had a new life and only sometimes he thought of his friend and servant Hassan. He didn't think of what could have happened if he didn't accuse Hassan of stealing his watch. He didn't think of how his life could have turned out if he stepped in for Hassan when he was raped. Worst of all he stole from his wife the right to know the truth about his childhood.

When Rahim Khan, Baba's business partner and friend, had called Amir and told him "Come home. There is a way to be good again.", Amir's guilt of what he had done came back from the deep down. Amir felt that Rahim Khan knew about what had happened in alley and what Amir did. Even tho he had a life, family, and a future in America, he realized that going back to Kabul is only way to find a greater relief for his guilt. Author of the novel shows a great example of how a human being makes a radical decision, abandoning everything it has just to feel free of the guilt from the past. After Amir's visit to Rahim Khan, he understands why Baba so generous to Hassan, especially when he and his father had to leave the house. Suddenly he understood why Baba got so angry after Amir had asked if they could get new servants. After conversation with Rahim Khan, Amir came to realization that he has been robbed of the right to the truth.

By revealing a major detail, author of the book makes a reader think about what could have happened if Amir knew about Hassan. Would Amir stand up for Hassan in the alley knowing that he is his half-brother? Nonetheless Amir begins his search for Hassan's son Sohrab, who he thinks will bring him a redemption. While facing Assef in a fight he finally feels relieved of his guilt. The guilt of not standing up for Hassan, for not telling the truth to Baba.

In the end, we have to face the consequences of actions that we might regret. We have to search for redemption. Those that steal, find the redemption by donating to charities or other organizations. Fathers and mothers who abandon their kids search for relief in their guilt by spending time with them. Opposedly, children that disrespect their parents during their teen years tend to take care of parents when they get older. In the novel, Amir goes a long way to find a relief for his guilt that built up since the accident in the alley.
Jonathon - / 1  
A few grammatical changes that I think will help :)
p1x3
During a our lifetime we face our own battles and guilt. Some are small and some are much bigger than we mightmay think. Guilt such as:N ot telling the truth to your parents, not doing your homework, or lying to boss about why you are late. Nonetheless, we still find our temporary relief by doing somethingthingsthat we think will make up for the cause of guilt. Redemption is the act of being relieved of guilt for our sins or bad thing that have been done. The main character Amir, from Khaled Hosseini's novel The Kite Runner,will has to deal with the guilt from his young ages throughout his adulthood.

The actions of main character Amir were the result of the lack of Baba's, his father, affection. Until Amir's teen years, he did not understand why father would not show any kind of affection to him, yet Hassan, a young servant, was adored by Baba. After the incident in the alley, the tension between Amir and his servant increased , which results in Ali, father of Hassan, and Hassan himself leave their home. The rainy day, when Baba drove Ali and Hassan away, was the last time Amir saw his friend and servant. From that day Amir's guilt starts to choke him until they leave to USA. That day, was the last time Amir could change the outcome of Hassan's life.

We are humans and we often tend to react first without thinking about the outcome of our actions. Only after our actions we may regret what has been done and we start to think of what could have happened instead. Sometimes we are able to overcome the feeling of guilt and keep it deep down, Amir is a great example of such. After arriving to USA he had a new life and only sometimes he thought of his friend and servant Hassan. He didn't think of what could have happened if he didn't accuse Hassan of stealing his watch. He didn't think of how his life could have turned out if he stepped in for Hassan when he was raped. Worst of all he stole from his wife the right to know the truth about his childhood.

When Rahim Khan, Baba's business partner and friend, had called Amir and told him "Come home. There is a way to be good again.", Amir's guilt of what he had done came back from the deep down. Amir felt that Rahim Khan knew about what had happened in alley and what Amir did. Even though he had a life, a family, and a future in America, he realized that going back to Kabul is only way to find a greater relief for his guilt. The author of the novel shows a great example of how a human being makes a radical decision, abandoning everything it has just to feel free of the guilt from the past. After Amir's visit to Rahim Khan, he understands why Baba was so generous to Hassan, especially when he and his father had to leave the house. Suddenly he understood why Baba got so angry after Amir had asked if they could get new servants. After a conversation with Rahim Khan, Amir came to realize that he has been robbed of the right to the truth.

By revealing a major detail, the author of the book makes athe reader think about what could have happened if Amir knew about Hassan. Would Amir stand up for Hassan in the alley knowing that he is his half-brother? Nonetheless Amir begins his search for Hassan's son Sohrab, who he thinks will bring him a redemption. While facing Assef in a fight he finally feels relieved of his guilt. The guilt of not standing up for Hassan, for not telling the truth to Baba.

Home / Essays / During a our lifetime we face our own battles and guilt; The Search For Redemption