three battles significant in evoving canada as an independant country

osma 1 / 3  
so heres my essay and i was wondering if someone could help me inprove my introduction its too shhjort and help me write my conclusion thank it would be very much apppreciated

In Canadian history battles have been significant events that further the development of Canada into an independent country. Such battles are Vimy ridge, D-day , and the Suez crisis.

The capture of Vimy ridge a key location that ensured a visible position overlooking the Douai plan (Cook,141) is a significant battle that boosted the development of Canada as an independent country. This is evident when it is stated ''Though it was the collective sacrifice and deeds of all Canadians during the war years - both those at the front and those on the home front - that eventually won Canada's full independence from Britain''(Cook,142).This quote explains how the successful capture of Vimy Ridge by all regions of Canada altered this ridge as an aspect that characterized the sacrifices of Canadians, making it visible to the French government that Canada is a strong country and deserves to be independent. The victorious capture of Vimy ridge by Canadians with the help of General Author Currie's well thought out plan furthers the development of Canada into an independent country.

Another significant battle that furthers the development of Canada as an independent country is the Suez Canal Crisis, this crisis emerged because of Nasser's interest in the canal representing an essential trade route significant to Britain causing Britain to invade Israel to achieve control over the canal once again (The Suez crisis and the Birth Of Canadian Peacekeeping) . This battle is significant to Canada when Canada refuses to help Britain in the invasion after realizing about the refusal of helping Britain from the United States. The reason behind Canada's support towards the US is because Canada needs assistance in the near future for battles such as the cold war and the second world war this is evident when it is stated, '' He understood that his support for the US was key in the years following the Second World War and the beginning of the Cold War. Hence, Pearson never considered Canada's role during Suez as neutral, nor were his interests with the people of Egypt.''(Holland,53).This showcases that Canada is able to make its own decisions as an independent country highlighting the advantages and disadvantages for Canada. The Suez Canal Crisis is a battle in which Canada was not only recognized as a peace keeping country but also an event that furthered the development of Canada as an independent country.

The last significant event that furthered the development of Canada into an independent country is D-day, a battle that eventually went according to plan, but sadly with much frustration didn't go according to the timetable(Hastings,319).This battle is significant when it is stated ''The status as an independent country, only shakily established in 1919, was beyond doubt after 1945''(World War 2 -The Canadian Encyclopedia).This quote explains how after Vimy ridge the start of Canada as an independent country was established alongside it many doubts that its status may drop in the near future, but, after d-day it was confirmed that Canada was an independent country and nation without any doubt in mind. The reason for Canada being confirmed as an independent country and nation after D-day is their landing at Juno beach and being able to accomplish their purpose while facing underwater obstacles, land mines, barbed wire, and heavy machine gunfire from the Germans(Cruxton and Wilson,241). This is evident when it is stated, ''At the end they had met their objectives, the only Allied force to do so that day'' (Hastings, 243).with the supporting evidence outlined it is concluded that D-day is a significant event in Canadian history that has helped in the evolution of Canada as an independent country.

this is my essay please reply asap thank you i need it by tommorow its due tommorow sorry for the late response thanks
OP osma 1 / 3  
ummm
sorry but i dont need help with the introduction but with the conclusion please give me possible clinchers i can include in my conclusion and how to sum everything up please and thanks you
stainluss 2 / 1  
You have great detail but need to open and close it
OP osma 1 / 3  
than you stainlus my question is can you help me close it please here is my introduction if your interested
Battles, a hostile encounter or conflict and struggle have shaped out world history..The ending of such Catastrophes engage citizens in remembering dead soldiers for their brave sacrifices for the nation and being thankful for the new changes made to the nation due to their intense fighting in those past battles ..In Canadian history battles have been significant events that further the development of Canada into an independent country. Such battles are Vimy ridge,D-day , and the Suez crisis.
You have to use some punctuation to manage this complex intro sentence:
The capture of Vimy Ridge, a key location that ensured a visible position overlooking the Douai plan (Cook,141), is was a significant battle that boosted the development of Canada as an independent country. --- I used commas, but you could also use a dash.

I also changed is to was.

Oh, I just noticed the post with the intro. This is a great intro, very good structure.

It would be nice if there was a unique theme instead of just telling that battles are historically significant because it is always interesting when someone makes up a new concept. If you get inspired, revise the intro to really say something unique and complex.

The conclusion should reinforce the main idea or add something to it. You do not have a very complex main idea. The main idea is that battles are historically significant. Your conclusion paragraph could be about how disturbing it is that human history is made through battle. You could briefly talk about the numbers of deaths and leave the reader thinking about how strange it is that nations form as the results of battles.
OP osma 1 / 3  
Thank you sooooooooooo much Kevin that was SOOOOOO much help im finished my conclusion now all thanks to you

Home / Writing Feedback / three battles significant in evoving canada as an independant country