Originality means putting old ideas together in new ways

Indian 3 / 8  
I am writting my next eaasy please tell me is it better or same. How much I can score on it.

Topic is- Originality does not mean thinking something that was never thought before; it means putting old ideas together in new ways."

Here is my essay-

It's true that originality is not always something new but it can be old thoughts presented in new ways. Originiality comes from creativity,intellegence and broader perspective. But it can be discovery of pre-existing thoughts and ideas which are presented with a totally different point of view. It can be a amalgamation of two or three older ideas. Or it can be the demand to improve the existing concepts.

Sometime different and even better ideas can be obtained by using the pre-existing thoughts or works. As for example, we know that sun give us energy but the idea to use that energy as a sourse of power is really original or making a animated movie frm the old mythological or frictional story is a original idea. By using our preexisting knowledge about the missiles or space projectors new and improved instruments can be evolved, which can be a revolution. These older thoughts and projects gives the insperation to evolve something better. Many inventions and discoveries can take place with the help of older ideas or concepts.

Furthermore, demands or the requirement can also convert the old projects into new and original forms. Didn't we say the idea of having laptops as original but it emerges out of the demand of having a handy computer. So sometime demand of certain thing can give rise to find a new path out of the known. It's an old saying that "demands are the monther of inventions", so why not discoveries? I will say that this a another way to show the creativity.

To sum up, I will say for being original one need not essentially be unique but it must be different. Whichever way we choose to gain this originality either a previous work or demands for reinviving the older concepts it'll be considered correct; Unless untill it's different.
Bear in mind that the examples for these sorts of essay don't have to be true, strictly speaking. You are free to invent obscure examples from various cultures that the reader isn't likely to be familiar with.

If you want some general examples, though, that your reader is likely to be familiar with, try researching the following:

The American Revolution
The Civil War
World War I
World War II
The Cold War
The Vietnam War

And I don't mean that you should only read about the military aspects of the war, but also about the historical context leading up to them. So, in studying the civil war, you might learn about the history of slavery in America, for example. These topics will give you a series of stock examples you can use to demonstrate points on a multitude of topics.
OP Indian 3 / 8  
Thanks so much sean; I will take all this into consideration.

Thanks for you guidance.
I moved this to a new thread. Please start a new thread when you post a new essay. Also, in order to open new threads you need to comment on other people's essays (for your participation ratio).

:)
OP Indian 3 / 8  
Can anyone please score my essay and my mistakes, so that I can work on them.

Thanks in advance.
biggestv 5 / 13  
I would give it a "c"

But dont loose hope and work hard.
Geoff 3 / 4  
Good work. I liked how you really explored your thesis statement throughout your essay.

Home / Essays / Originality means putting old ideas together in new ways