Have problems with the introducation on the global impact essay / school

faith10 1 / -  
I kinda know what i would like to write but i really dont know how to go about to format it. writing essays are my weakest subject. so how do i go about to get started with my eassy. I have multipule questions and im trying to work it out so that i can have an introduction, body and a closing its been a while since i've done a essay
Great question, Rena.

Start with a list of ideas. One essay = one big idea, but the big idea is made of a few smaller ideas. In a classic five paragraph essay, you can introduce the big idea, give 3 smaller ideas, and then talk about the big idea again in paragraph 5.

If you have, say, 3 ideas, express each in a sentence. That way, you will have 3 topic sentences for the 3 body paragraphs.

Go to the first topic sentence, and write a sentence after it: an example to support it.
Then, write another sentence: a sentence that better explains it.
Then, write a 4th sentence to the paragraph, a conclusion sentence.

It's easy!! The essay is one big idea, and each paragraph is YOUR opportunity to express a smaller idea that supports it. In each paragraph, you get to give 3 or 4 or 5 sentences without anyone interrupting you! That is a good opportunity that we seldom have.

An essay is a grand opportunity to express one big idea, and you get to support it with several paragraphs. Each paragraph is a smaller idea to support the big idea.

Now read this all over again, and write your topic sentences! :-D
SashaMunch 2 / 5  
SHORT ANSWER-In what area of school life do you see yourself having the most impact?

I'm an International student and I'm applying for Darlington School - College Prep Boarding School.
There is a question (for Short answer) in my application:
"In what area of school life do you see yourself having the most impact, and why?"

I'm not sure about that question. What do they mean as "an area of school life"? What can I write as an answer?

Please help me :)
Pub91 - / 10  
I think it's asking which aspect of school life would impact you the most. For example do you think academics will be the biggest impact or will it be extra curricular or even social life at the school. After selecting the area, give the reasons why you think the selected area will impact you the most. Ask someone else and see, just to be sure :D
tonejit - / 4  
Discuss an issue that has impacted your high school and its importance to you

i am totally confused, i cant think of any issue
j2k420 1 / 1  
Thank you for your input. An issue that has come up in my child's high school is locking of doors due to recent criminals trying to hide in the school after commiting an armed robbery. I was very worried about emergency exits if a fire or something else happened and they could not get out in time. Hope this helps
tonejit - / 4  
Thanks,
But please can you give an example of an importance to me of this issue
shaddy 17 / 47 7  
How can someone know about issues that you had before...

If I have to think, I perhaps think of some issue created by misunderstanding or miss-communication in a relationship.

The relationship is not necessarily to be of girlfriend and boyfriend type of relation but you may highlight some assignment or test given by teachers

Home / Essays / Have problems with the introducation on the global impact essay / school