Psychology essay- Discuss The Development of Memory in Infancy and Childhood

ianhudson2 1 / -  
I have to write this essay on the development of memory in infancy and childhood. I have found plenty of information on the subject im just not sure what there is to "discuss". I think I need to find a few constrasting theories and talk about them but I can't find any theories that clash with each other. If anyone could suggest things that I can discuss that would be great :D
ohellothere - / 8  
You don't necessarily need to find clashing theories, especially if you have already heavily searched for them(unless that is the specific assignment). I think that "discuss" is a synonym to "talk about" so if you had to: Talk About the Development of Memory... what would you say? Put it on paper - there's your essay. Use the information you already have and describe what you found in your own words. Also, if you're unsure about what the topic of the essay means, don't be afraid to ask your teacher/professor.

Good Luck!
psitutor - / 16  
Use a matrix to write up your notes.

1. Create a table of 6 columns across and 6 down.
2. Label columns across: Author/s, Date, School of Thought, Assumptions on the
topic, Main theory, Method/s of research.
3. List journals down rows, place notes into appropriate cells.
4. You now have a 36 paragraph outline to structure your essay topic. Compare and contrast cells for deeper insight into how and why the theories of explanation differ on the topic.

Differences are a given~ they need not be fundamentally opposed, simply suggesting another direction.

Home / Essays / Psychology essay- Discuss The Development of Memory in Infancy and Childhood