Questions on thesis statement: what it is and how to identify it?

AmberAngel 4 / 13  
What is a thesis statement? How do I identify a thesis statement? How do I know what is a good thesis statement? How do I write a good thesis statement?
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Your thesis statement is a basis for your essay. You should state your topic in a sentence or two. Basically, a thesis is the main point or idea that your paper is about. One approach to writing your thesis is to write your paper first (keep that major point you want to make in your mind) and then add in your thesis near the beginning of the essay. The thesis needs to reflect the reason you have written the paper. If you are making an argument, the thesis should clearly state what the topic is, and in simple terms explain why you are making the argument. Once you have a good thesis, use it as a building block for the rest of your essay, then you can always edit the thesis statement afterwards, i mean double-check the thesis and be sure that it truly reflects the meaning of your essay. When you have some of your paper written, please post in a new thread, and we can help you edit your paper. I hope this helps! Good luck
OP AmberAngel 4 / 13  
Thanks! I understand thesis statement more :)
kobra - / 1  
Thesis statement should be clear and simple .In every paragraph you have a first sentence which explain what you want to explain in this paragraph for example if you should explain about the cause of some difficulties or you want to give solutions to something in every paragraph you should clearly explain each of them .

introduction
body 1-causes.the first sentence should be about causes.
body2-soulutions .the first sentence should mention that you want to write about solutions
conclusions
I hope this can be helpful

Home / Essays / Questions on thesis statement: what it is and how to identify it?