Satirical Essay about Stephen Colbert and Politics

Mafuyu 1 / -  
Hi...I'm a bit new ( I just started actually...eh..) Anyway...I'm supposed to write an essay on Stephen Colbert, and sadly, it has to be satirical...While, I love reading things of the sort, I have never in my life written one, and I have no clue how to go about it.

Can anyone help? I chose to write about how Stephen Colbert would be a good president, since it was open topic and all...But I dont know where to start! Any help or tips or things? This is torture...
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

The most torturous part is getting started, I agree! I think the fact that it has to be satirical, though, is great! You can easily find ways to write satirically about Colbert, perhaps more so than any other candidate--or, in his case, non-candidate, since he was rejected by his home state for not being "legitimate." If they're going to question his parentage, it's a wonder someone from Arkansas could get elected! (Okay, that's a bad joke, but you get the idea ... just run with it!) I'd advise finding some articles about him--not hard at all--and see if any tidbits show up. For instance, I read that 48 people have filed as presidential candidates so far, while 199 are still trying to cough up the $5,000 needed to run under federal campaign finance laws. This guy has a TV show and can't drum up $5,000? What network is he on, the "Don't Bother Watching Channel"? Of course, that's a little more like stand-up schtick than satire, but you can inject some irony and make it more satirical, depending on how you present it.

I hope this helps get you started!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
lanani - / 2  
satirical essay about politics needed

I have to write a satirical essay about politics but i dont have any idea to develop it
please i need help
Hmmmm . . . well, you need to start by brainstorming a political topic you can write about. Then, ask yourself what you want to say about it. Then, look at ways you can say it while appearing to be arguing for something else, even the exact opposite of what you mean. Then, come up with a draft and post it here for more feedback.

Home / Essays / Satirical Essay about Stephen Colbert and Politics