How do you start a Personal Narrative? (using a theme from the book, "The Alchemist")

dwyane3wade 1 / -  
My teacher instructed us to write a personal narrative using a theme from the book, "The Alchemist."
I picked this theme,
"The simple things in life are often the most difficult to understand."

And I don't know the correct way to start or write a personal narrative.
Please help me! As soon as possible!
And how many paragraphs are appropriate? And I need highschool level.

INSTRUCTED DIRECTIONS: write a personal narrative in which you describe a moment or event in your life that parallels to an event from the reading (remember that narrative is a collection of events that tells a story).
wn2870 2 / 8  
Hi.
I think the theme you choose is appropriate to write personal narrative.
Didn't your teacher tell you how long should your essay be?
When I was in high school, my personal narrative was a A4-size page in length.
Usually, if we call something simple, it is because it is EASY to understand! I don't like the theme.

However, if I want to write a narrative (i.e. story) about something simple that is hard to understand, I might write about something like eating breakfast. We can argue that it is simple, but how can we say it is hard to understand after saying it is simple?

It's confusing! You'll have to be very creative. Something that is hard to understand is not simple! Can you choose a different theme? Or maybe someone more creative than I can help you, ha ha.

But the way to start a story is with some action, some interesting event. Envision the event in your mind, and see what sentence you hear spoken by that voice of the mind.

For inspiration, read a few pages from a good novel.

Home / Essays / How do you start a Personal Narrative? (using a theme from the book, "The Alchemist")