Stronger argument claim needed.

applesauce32 2 / 4  
I have to write an essay on a time where i was embarrassed by someone's use or misuse of a particular language. my example is a (hispanic) coworker not realizing the way she said something was extremely rude and the tone she used was inappropriate for the situation. as a whole the claim i'm trying to make is that immigrants use English in the wrong way, it's not what you say it's how you say it kinda thing. i started with this vague argument claim "Many immigrants misuse the English language and get themselves into trouble." it's so vague..i just can't think of anything else!
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
as a whole the claim i'm trying to make is that immigrants use English in the wrong way,

Unless you want to come across as anti-immigrant, try to phrase this differently. For example, your theme could be that it's hard, when learning a new language, to grasp the nuances of tone and meaning that are evident to native speakers. This is true whether or not one is an immigrant. Tourists, students, ambassadors... all may err when trying to make themselves clear in a second language.
Odd. My parents were immigrants, and they never had a problem with English. In fact, they are considerably better at using the language than most of the non-immigrants I know. Could be because they were British, I suppose. I imagine Irish, Australian, and Canadian immigrants to America would also probably use English much better than most Americans do. Your statement is overly general, methinks.

Also, many politicians who are fluent native speakers of English could be nonetheless accused of using it the "wrong way," by using it to prevaricate and mislead.

Think more carefully about what you really want to say here.
Keng 39 / 134  
The best way is to know a variety of subjects so that they can be applied to your arguement essay.

Home / Essays / Stronger argument claim needed.