I am struggling with my thesis statement. My chosen topic is about doping in sports

NG176 1 / 2  
I need help with my thesis statement. I am looking into doping in sports by young athletes. So far, I came up with: Undeterred by the detrimental effects of Performance-enhancing drugs, young athletes still resort to doping / PED use.... Any thoughts? Any feedback will be highly appreciated.
OP NG176 1 / 2  
My struggle with my thesis statement: Undeterred by the detrimental effects of Performance-enhancing drugs, young athletes still resort to PED use.
Any advise in improving my thesis is very much appreciated.
snsantana91 1 / 5 1  
Maybe you could state some of the reasons why they use PED.
OP NG176 1 / 2  
Because of their need to succeed, young athletes resort to performance-enhancing drug despite of its detrimental effects ... How about this?
snsantana91 1 / 5 1  
It looks better.
What is your essay about? are you going to be talking about this harmful effects?
If that's what your essay is about, then your thesis looks good.
Jane, you can't just decide on one thesis statement right from the onset of your research. You need to do research into the possible topics for discussion your research paper first. So you should list down at least 5 different thesis possibilities for your research. Then go the library or go online and look up the academic material available to you per thesis topic. Whichever thesis possibility has the most reference material available should be the one that you choose.

You should also consider consulting your professor regarding your possible thesis topics. It is always best to seek the approval of your class adviser with regards to your research because that person can also help you access materials that you need. Not only that, the adviser can also direct you towards the topic that can get you the best possible grade, if you deliver on all of the expected information and data in your paper.

Don't settle on developing just one topic for now. Give yourself room to choose. What other doping topics can you discuss aside from the one above? Look at the latest sports news, it will give you clues as to your other possible thesis statements. You won't lack for topics related to sports doping, that I can assure you of. It just becomes a question of how much research time can you dedicate to it.

Home / Essays / I am struggling with my thesis statement. My chosen topic is about doping in sports