'I chose China' - Masters in Mechanical Engineering Study Plan

engrdk 3 / 6  
Hello again to all Members!
Here is my Study Plan / Statement of Purpose for you to have a look at, I am sure you will!

The pursuit of a master's program in Mechanical Engineering is my only choice to go for research with practical approach of 'Mechanical Noise and Vibration' with their applications in high temperature and pressure systems involved in mechanics of manufacturing processes and other systems in industries. For example: diesel engine operating at 125 rpm and directly connected to the propeller. The noise from the propeller is extremely disturbing. A differential gear can be installed between the motor and the propeller so that the motor speed can easily be changed to 75 rpm. The propeller can be replaced by a larger one and the noise is then shifted to a lower frequency, making it less disturbing (1). This approach is purely inclined towards healthier work approach in industrial systems to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency through Mechanical systems' research.

For the last couple of months I was employed in a reputable firm as Trainee Maintenance Engineer, where I felt the need of betterment of giant machines like industrial Dryers, Commercial Spinners, and Boilers due to the utmost level of Mechanical Noise and Vibration. I tried my best to maintain those kinds of machines with better mechanical modification. In spite of that, during my internships in major industries like sugar mills and textile industries, where I saw how these Noises and Vibrations decrease worker's efficiency ultimately leading to less effectiveness and productivity. Since then, I decided to go for higher studies in Mechanical Engineering to study these major facts and to find out how to improve such mechanical systems leading towards better healthier work with maximum productive approach.

I chose China, now over $100bn on scientific research and development, and as many as 1.5 million science and engineering students graduated from Chinese universities in 2006 (2), for my higher studies, Pakistan & China share Centuries old ties, which have steadily grown into a binding bond, between the Peoples of our two Great Nations (3). I am much confident if I am given this opportunity to study in this prime university to enhance my skill sets and to go for the research in this area for future endeavors.

Furthermore, I believe that my industrial engineering studies would assist me in achieving these goals that I dream to make them true in future at your foremost university.

References:
1. "Noise and Vibration Control" Indian Institute of Technology, Rooke
2. "China 'to overtake US on science' in two years" BBC News, 28th March 2011, by David Shukman
3. Excerpt from "All Pakistan China Friendship Association."
giorgio186 9 / 54  

I honestly like your essay. It's always great to see such an enhusiasm.

Home / Graduate / 'I chose China' - Masters in Mechanical Engineering Study Plan