Creative Idea in my childhood in order to write it down in my statement of purpose

rko029 4 / 9  
Need Creative Idea to write it down in my statement to apply in Marketing field

Dear Guys,

i am writing a statement of purpose to study marketing at a business school in Canada,
i worked hard to write one of the paragraphs in my statement mentioning " how to prove to the admission commitee that i addicted to marketing and creativity since my childhood"

please advsie me for the below is it a good idea or an ordinary one ( i write two different stories) please select one and put your comments or either help to find a better third idea:

First Idea:

My interest in Marketing start when I was at my high School, I insisted to work with my Grandfather in his Ice Cream Truck to earn my living, I found myself much hungry for new ideas in order to increase my Grandfather sales volume of his products, so I started to think how to be different and unique, so I began with putting my touch to make the ice cream truck more stylish and colorful to attract customers eyes, I worked on the idea of Games and Prizes for kids in order to approach them, hiring friendly stuff and distribute different flyers about our new offers each month, that really attracts a lot of new customers, and create brand awareness in our area with our special fun environment ,We are the first truck in the city with the concept of delivering our products to households and passed out 3000 CDs of Michel Jackson new album release to different customers ,in addition to working on promoting a national singer while crossing our cities with his ads along our Truck against paying a lot to us, At the end my grandfather sales was booming at that time to be tripled, I was so happy that I have the talent of promotions and guerilla marketing and a lot of my family endorsed me to be a successful marketer.

Second Idea:

My interest in Marketing began at the age of six, and that has happened to me when I watched the Nike Advertising Campaign "Just Do it" on T.V, the campaign was a hit in 1988, I found myself always repeat this phrase in every action I do or every situation I met. "Just Do it" was short and sweet, Yet encapsulated everything people felt when they were exercising and that feeling remains the same today, it's a human truth we all could relate to, that drive to push myself further and gives me a real sense of empowerment and inspiration, and up till now Nike is my favorite brand of running shoes, after I matured enough my curiosity led me to search for that specific campaign, I have found that Nike sales in 1988 were only $800 million, and by 1988 sales exceeded $9.2 billion because of the campaign and that has also reflected on the corporate culture and advertising approach, Nike campaign "Just Do it" is considered one of the top successful campaigns worldwide.

Please be frank with me and guide me with your effective input.

Thanks in advance
Pond 2 / 3  
My interest in Marketing start when I was at my high School, I insisted to work with my Grandfather in his Ice Cream Truck to earn my livin

=> ... earn money for my living standard.
Jessiewyq 2 / 5 1  
Hi there,
i prefer your first idea, seems very rewarding, pratical experience with the great sense of sales and marketing.

Jessie

Home / Graduate / Creative Idea in my childhood in order to write it down in my statement of purpose