'Data - the source of information'. Why is the Texas MS BA the next logical step for you?

khushbu 1 / 1  
Why is the Texas MS BA the next logical step for you? How do you hope to develop, both personally and professionally, during this one-year program ? (250 words)

Big data is promising for financial services companies. With no physical products to manufacture, data - the source of information - is one of arguably their most important assets. The business of banking and financial management is rife with transactions, conducting hundreds of millions daily. At the same time, these firms are dealing with a very diverse and demanding customer base that insists on communicating and transacting business, any time of the day or night. With growth of social media the banking and financial industries are more concerned about their reputations and brands being discussed by customers within their large personal networks. So they need help of business analytics to harvest and leverage this information to gain a competitive advantage and make better and informed decision. Since I already have strong financial background and some knowledge of quantitative tools and basic knowledge of programming language like C, C++ and Python MSBA could be next logical step for me.

Should I be accepted, I will cherish my chance to learn from qualified professors of McCombs. Another reason for my enthusiasm is of getting chance to learn advanced tool and technology from the country who is a leader in technology. I will seize the opportunities of group working with other creative like- minded and at the same time having differentiate opinion classmate. That will teach me to tackle and improve competitiveness. I am also looking forward to learn in class full of students from different culture. Having a hobby and interest of learning different culture I am hoping Austin's vibrant and progressive lifestyle and campus life would be a experience I would cherish lifelong.
nvnbny - / 1 1  
I think the last part you can definitely work on by being more specific. Anyone can write that about any school. Try to connect why you, with your experience would want to study at UT e.g. talk about their business school etc.
OP khushbu 1 / 1  
Should I be accepted, I will cherish my chance to learn from qualified professors of prestigious McCombs. I think guidance of qualified and experienced faculties would help to deepen by knowledge base and sharpen my competitive edge. Another reason for my enthusiasm is of getting chance to learn advanced tool and technology from the country who is a leader in technology. As mentioned in the school's site I am aspired to be in the environment that encourages creativity, analysis and critical thinking while working to find solution to real world problems. I would like to seize the opportunity to work with the group of other creative like- minded and at the same time having differentiated opinion classmates. That will teach me to tackle and improve in real life competition.That will teach me to tackle and improve competitiveness. I am also looking forward to learn in class full of students from different culture. Having a hobby and interest of learning different culture I am hoping Austin's vibrant and progressive lifestyle and campus life would be a experience I would cherish lifelong.

Home / Graduate / 'Data - the source of information'. Why is the Texas MS BA the next logical step for you?