Who is an engineer? ; Graduate PS for Safety engineering programme

TechnoS 1 / -  
Hello Dear Users and moders.
Thats is my personal statement for MSc of Safety engineeing.By default,as I know it should be 500 words maximum.Mine is a bit too long.I dont know what i could cut off from it.I would appriciate if you edit and help me to make it excellent.Please,do you best.Feel free to fix any of my mistakes.Thank you very much.

Personal statement

Who is the engineer?In my view,it is a person who has: theoretical backgroud,
indispensable experience and personal responsibility with leadership skills.Likewise,to be a holder of such an exiting and incredibly interesting professon,one should have analyzing skills and the abillity to make important decisons in a second.

Since schooltime I have discovered my interest in Mathematics as a science which is a binder between other sciences and in phisics as a science which helps to understand fundamental laws defining the structure of outer world.Spending all my free time reading famous russian magazine "Make it yourself", scrutinizing all the drawings and instructions,trying to design remote controled wooden boats and cars,participating in city and state school physics and mathematics olypmiads,I were sure about my future career desicion.

Being in top 3 students addmited to oil-mechanics faculty in 2010,I got government schoolarship covering all my studies and the chance to study free of charge.

From the very fist days at the university I disscovered my growing interest to higher mathematics.Starting to study this fantastic science,I mentioned some changes in my way of thinking. I revealed the ability of logical and critical intellection and skills of in-depth analysis of a assigned task.Moreover,I learned to take into consideration all the factors and to analyze the consequences before making any decisions.The subject called "Engingeering drawing" also influenced me in a special way,it helped to understand very essential thing: how to convey engineering task.Having studied "Theory of machines and mechanisms" and "Materials Science" I realised crucial imporance of matierials structure and scientific properties of Machine Design.

Three practice events had great impact on my current master programme choice.First,educational practice,took part at "Baku Car Repair Plant",where we were taught how the manufacturing process is organized.Also we had an experience of detalizing parts drawings and calculating the required materials for its production.There,I had a honor task to be responsible for student's safety-were checking uniforms and controlling their moving on at the plant.

Second, manufacturing practice,were held at JSC "Baku oil field equipment" this summer.Having choosen my specialization,I were helper of Process Safety engineer.During this 4 weeks I were taught the basics of continual improvement of the site process safety, loss prevention and contractor safety.At the end the practice,the director of the plant Mr...was very pleased and satisfied by the work scope I had made and wrote a recommendation later for my future education in this field.

In May 2013, I having passed technical test and interview,I earned the right to get monthly scholarship and the opportunity to participate in different training from KCA DEUTAG (one of the world's leading drilling contractors and design of onshore and offshore). I had the honor to visit "Guneshli" platform in the Caspian see,where I had hole day of communication and observation of safety engineer job.

During my studies,I have been a student representative.I were chosen at the faculty's elections for a 4 years in a row.My responsibilities as a representative included: organizing term exams,social gathering and sport events,representation of my Faculty at the students Senate and facilitation management.Those assignments enabled me to develop strong organization skills and to become responsible young individual,taking into account the need of my college and students.

While studying,I were engaged in part time work in the sphere of management.I were working in the administration staff of a restaurant chain, coordinating contracts and organising events for foreign companies, thereby practicing my management skills and english language knowledge.

In Summer 2012,participating in "Work and Travel USA" programme,I spent 3 monthes in New York state,working as a transportation manager.This experience taught me to rely only on myself and to find the wise decision in situations which seem hopeless.Now,I work as a part timer om the Customer Relations departament of the largest mobile operator in our country.Work in such serious company,helps me to develop my time management and group work skills.

Now that, I have made my decision concerning direction of my future education,recognizing the imporance of Safety in engineering sector,I ask some questions to myself:

How to minimize risks? how to reduce the impact of hazardous and toxic substances?
How to calculate the temperature and vibrations contribution to structural failure?
How to establish a system of safety and control it?

In pursuit of answers to this questions,I have chosen this master programme in your great university.I am sure that competitive and inspiring academic atmosphere, access to first-class facilities and highest education and titution level provided by your university will be the best enviroment for my graduate studies.In my turn,I will exert every effort to become one of your best students and in future one of the best engineers in this field.
eadekeye 1 / 3  
I think you should not start your personal statement with word like"That's ", please use an active word.
Who is theanengineer?

Since schooltime I have discovered my interest in Mathematics as a science which is a binder between other sciences and in phisics as a science which helps to understand fundamental laws defining the structure of outer world .

... this sentence sounds better without the latter part. Also, these things are known facts and they may really be not interested in reading such things. In my feeling, they would want to know you better and you need to present all the facts in a way that the admission panel would be able to understand you as a person.

Since school days, I discovered my keen interest in Mathematics which binds all other sciences

Home / Graduate / Who is an engineer? ; Graduate PS for Safety engineering programme