Home / Graduate   % width NEW!

"an excellent first step" - Letter of Intent for Masters in Mechanical Engineering

ishida 1 / -  
It would very helpful if you could review my Letter of Intent and make corrections if necessary.

The ensuring statement of purpose is meant to express my keen interest in pursuing Masters in Mechanical Engineering at your University. The world of Engineering and Technology is continuously evolving so I want to attain the highest level of education and transcend newer scope for studies in Mechanical Engineering.

I have always cherished to become an Engineer, a dream that was innate and developed slowly over the years. Right from my school days I used to marvel at the way things worked, be it a simple 'pin-hole camera' or a towering windmill. This constant curiosity was the motivation to opt Mechanical Engineering as my undergraduate major.

I finished my schooling with 88.3% in 10th and 76.5% in 12th grade. I was place among the top 25% in a state level entrance examination for undergraduate study and through which I got into Mechanical Engineering stream of Marian Engineering College under the University of Kerala. I am proud to say that our college is one of the best in the state. It is accredited by the AICTE and the only IBM center of Excellence in the state. In such a good college I got 60.2 %(CGPA 5.94) aggregate.

During my course of study at baccalaureate level I was particularly interested in Thermal sciences and Renewable sources of energy due to their immense importance in todays world. I believe it is high time that we develop a sustainable and green source of energy rather depending on a fast depleting and environmentally unsafe energy resources. These thoughts inspired me to do my undergraduate project on shrouded wind turbines, which was a modest attempt to produce electricity in areas with low wind velocity.

Like a coin having two faces, I feel that extra curricular activities are as important as studies in estimating a student's overall capacity. I was a member of the college basketball team for two years. I was also an event coordinator for the state level technical fest "MEXXMERIZE 2010" conducted by the Mechanical Engineering department of our college. These experiences were very helpful in learning how to work with a team, which I believe is very essential for graduate studies where I will have to interact with a diverse group of people from all over the world.

I would like to conclude with the reasons for my choosing to apply to your esteemed University for my Masters degree. I perceive that graduate study nurtures the seeds of learning sown during the course of undergraduate study. After having gone through the details of the facilities available at your University, I feel that they are very much catering to my fields of interest and it is the right place to embark upon my academic career. I sincerely hope to have a mutually beneficial association with your University. Keeping this in mind, joining your University seems to me as an excellent first step. Thanks for your consideration.

Nithin Raju

Home / Graduate / "an excellent first step" - Letter of Intent for Masters in Mechanical Engineering