Fascination for things that fly. Personal statement for MS in Aerospace Engineering

Anmol Chaudhary 1 / -  

Personal statement essay

My fascination for things that fly began since the very first time I understood the concept of flight and how the very basics of it is to go spearhead against the flow of the nature. It not only piqued my interest as a kid but also made me curious to learn more about it, so I decided to pursue Aeronautical Engineering for my under-graduation and upon being educated about the numerous fascinating concepts and theories behind the magic of flight, my interest has continued to grow over the past four years and I wish to continue gaining more knowledge about it. Therefore, I am applying for M.S in Aerospace Engineering not only to quench my curiosity but to pursue a career that will help me channel my passion towards new inventions and innovations in the field of Aerospace. And also, I have plans for pursuing a Doctoral Research and dedicate my whole life for the love of research.

I completed my schooling in Nepal and maintained more than 78% both in sophomore and senior year and throughout my schooling Mathematics remained my absolute favorite subject. While pursuing under-graduation, my areas of interest expanded by the inclusion of Aerodynamics, Structural Analysis and Aero-Modelling. During these four years I occupied myself by participating in numerous curricular programs such as, International Seminar on 75 Student's Satellite Mission 2022 and Workshop on The Future Foods: Emerging Agri Technologies conducted by Indian Technology Congress at Bangalore on September 4-5, 2019; Young Talent Nurture -2019' conducted by Indian Institute of Space and Technology, Department of Mathematics at Thiruvananthapuram, during 20th May - 1st June 2019; Five days National Workshop on "Computational Fluid Dynamics" organized by Department of Aeronautical Engineering, School of Automotive and Mechanical Engineering at Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education at Krishnankoil, during 3rd - 7th December 2018; and Six days training on "Structural Design and Production" in Sabiha Construction Company, Durgapur, West Bengal, during 25th - 30th December 2017. In addition to these programs I also underwent 25 online courses and workshops pertinent to Aeronautical which included 3D Model Creation with Autodesk Fusion 360, Multi-Axis CNC Toolpaths, Creating Toolpaths for a CNC lathe, Roadmap to Success in Digital Manufacturing & Design, The 3D Printing Revolution, MBSE: Model Based Systems Engineering, Cyber Security in Manufacturing, Advanced Manufacturing Enterprise, Advanced Manufacturing Process Analysis, Digital Thread: Components, Introduction to Intellectual Property, Intro to Digital Manufacturing with Autodesk Fusion 360, Manufacturing process with Autodesk Fusion 360, Introduction to Thermodynamics, Robotics: Aerial Robotics, Intelligent Machining, and Autodesk Fusion 360 Integrated CAD/CAM/CAE.

The online certified courses that I completed through Udemy include, Design of Graphics for social media, Learn MS Excel from scratch, Linux shell terminal command basics, MALAB for beginner, Python for everyone, Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019, 3d Modelling in Solid works. I also underwent 6 workshops conducted by Skill LYNC on the topics, Hybrid Drives Development, Full Electric Vehicle Simulation, and Introduction to Computational Fluid Dynamics, MATLAB Model Development for Automated Driver Assist Systems, Electric Powertrain Control, and Li-ion Battery for Electric Vehicle Application. Over the course of these four years I also successfully applied for 10 patents in a single attempt and became the winner nominee in Winner Nominee in the "International Space Science competition 2020 (college level)" and eligible to go NASA tour for 8 days. Apart from these academic achievements, I work as a content writer for the Educational You tube channel, V-Manava and am a Co-Creator of an Educational App which shares all semesters' book in pdfs (bit.ly/2k7DLZm). Upon the completion of my under-graduation I attained the 5th University Rank with the overall CGPA of 8.62.

I am always driven by passion and the urge to expand my horizon of knowledge by feeding myself with the information every opportunity that I come across and that is why I believe your esteemed University is the most ideal for me to pursue my post-graduation as it has a strong Aerospace division, known for its extraordinary facilities. I aim to dig in more into my potential to reach greater heights and I whole heartedly have faith in the quality of education imparted by Professors and faculties in................................. and I am eagerly waiting to not only interact with the great minds there but also develop my skills. If I am given the opportunity to pursue M.S. Aerospace at your institute, I would not only be highly obliged and grateful but will contribute towards the enhancement of the University in the field of engineering and research by utilizing the best of my skills and abilities.
The Personal Statement should not be so loaded with the courses you completed both on and offline. You practically listed all of the courses that you took while a student and during your private time. Choose only the subjects that are pre-requisites for the courses you will be taking under this masters course. You should also include a reference to your professional exposure which further fueled your interests in this field. Right now, You are over informing based on courses taken. As for awards won and nominations, save those for the statement of purpose where it can help to enhance your professional and theoretical skills presentation.

I am not convinced by the reasons you provided for your university choice. It is so generic, it could apply to any university you are applying to. For the university aspect, you need to provide more specifics regarding the unique course syllabus they are offering and also, why you believe that additional training in this course, in the country you have chosen will actually help to enhance your professional and theoretical skills.

Home / Graduate / Fascination for things that fly. Personal statement for MS in Aerospace Engineering